Director, Buyside M&A and Corporate Finance Advisory
Company: BMO Harris
Posted on: June 12, 2021
50 S 6th St
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
BMO's Corporate Advisory team advises commercial banking clients
and prospects on buy-side M&A, ownership transition and other
corporate finance topics. The team is comprised of former
investment banking, management consulting, corporate development
and commercial banking professionals.
The Director is a key leader on deal teams, meeting with the
organization's clients and prospects to understand their unique
objectives and collaborating across all BMO Financial Group
platforms to deliver creative, comprehensive transaction structures
and financial analyses to meet those objectives. As a corporate
finance and transaction structuring expert, the Director will
assist in generating revenue by actively working with Relationship
Managers in the commercial bank to ensure the successful
positioning of BMO Harris as a valued-added advisor and financing
source for complex transactions. The Director will lead in
developing and presenting ideas and materials covering topics such
as mergers & acquisitions, valuation, shareholder buyouts, ESOPs,
recapitalizations, financial returns on capital as well as capital
markets transactions. Responsibilities will also include mentoring
and developing junior bankers, presenting at events and
conferences, collaborating with team members to develop new
initiatives as well as collaborating with other constituents across
- Operate as key member of the deal team to position the bank as
a strategic advisor to clients and prospects.
- Lead strategic discussions directly with the board,
shareholders and executive management of clients and
- Prepare and deliver customized corporate finance analysis and
- Provide leadership to deal team to deliver high-quality,
relevant and comprehensive transaction execution to differentiate
BMO in the minds of clients and prospects - making BMO an
- Collaborate with lending partners to generate ideas, identify
client solutions, pursue sector marketing efforts, cover clients,
and deliver timely solutions.
- Provide transaction structuring expertise on debt, equity and
hybrid securities. Work with specialists as needed to support
successful syndication and sales.
- An undergraduate degree, with a focus on finance, economics, or
- MBA or equivalent experience in finance, accounting and
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate
development or corporate finance.
- Experience negotiating and structuring M&A and other
- Expert knowledge of capital markets, transaction legal matters
& risk management.
- Proven leadership skills, including experience with mentoring
and developing junior talent.
- Credit analysis understanding.
- Exceptional skills in quantitative analytics, financial
modeling and credit analysis.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Deep understanding of a broad range of corporate finance
transactions, including a strong working knowledge of tax
structures, tactical methods of financing, market terms for LOIs
and other definitive documentation etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on excelling in
- Ability to independently and proactively service multiple
clients and effectively manage multiple priorities.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly
Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create
lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our
people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued,
respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an
impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for
yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to
manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you
gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Keywords: BMO Harris, Chicago , Director, Buyside M&A and Corporate Finance Advisory, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!