We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of
disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We
combine the world's most comprehensive view of patient encounters
with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to
power our Healthcare Map, the industry's most precise view of the
U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation,
we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver
exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart,
supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for
fixing what's broken in healthcare. It's fun, challenging and
important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health:
Komodo is growing rapidly and expanding our product portfolio.
This means our cloud infrastructure needs are correspondingly
increasing, and we are looking for an experienced individual to
help grow our cloud infrastructure as a key member of the team.
The Infrastructure team's mission is to build reliable,
scalable, observable, and secure infrastructure platforms,
services, and tools for our product and data teams. We own
application delivery platforms such as Jenkins and big data
platforms such as JupyterHub, Spark, and Airflow.
AWS underpins all that we do, and our Cloud Infrastructure
Engineers provide deep expertise to our teams across AWS's core
compute, networking and storage services, including Kubernetes
(with EKS). Kubernetes is our container orchestration technology of
choice and is used throughout the company to power our products and
big data platforms.
While we expect our Cloud Infra Engineers to possess deep AWS
and K8S expertise, it doesn't stop there. You'll have the
opportunity to work with Data Infrastructure (Spark, Airflow) as
well as our Application Infrastructure..
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will
- Developed a detailed understanding of our cloud infrastructure
systems and identified areas for improvement
- Develop deep domain experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- Develop tools to scale our Kubernetes usage across the
- Automate infrastructure with IAC tools such as Terraform and
- Improve the security posture of our infrastructure
- Implement additional monitoring and logging
- Support of our Kubernetes clusters and their uptime and
- Work with our engineering teams to troubleshoot issues, provide
guidance, and enable them to work with our infrastructure and
Some of the projects we are currently working on:
- Improvements to our Kubernetes architecture to enable more
efficient allocation of nodes
- Security hardening of cloud infrastructure
- Internal software systems and self-service tools to enable the
creation of secure and compliant AWS resources
- Building our centralized logging infrastructure
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Experience with AWS and its core Compute, Storage, Networking
services such as EC2, EBS, S3, Load Balancing, Autoscaling Groups,
- Comfortable operating in and supporting a Linux
- Good understanding of containers or compute virtualization
principles more generally
- Possess or develop expertise about Kubernetes or other
container orchestration frameworks, including related concepts such
as architecture, namespaces, services, and role-based access
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform,
Cloudformation, and Packer.
- Experience with infrastructure logging and monitoring
- Proficient in a programming language such as Python.
- Understanding of cloud security best practices
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Ability to operate in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Secures $220M in Series E funding led by Tiger
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health's CEO
- Komodo Health's 'Meet a Dragon' series
- Komodo's Values that Drive our Culture