RN / LPN Unit Manager
Company: Great Lakes Healthcare Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Great Lakes Healthcare Center -
Great Lakes Healthcare Center, a member of the
CommuniCare Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a
RN / LPN Unit Manager to join our team.
The position of RN / LPN Unit Manager coordinates the delivery
of nursing care for residents and provides leadership to the
nursing staff to assure that care standards are met and the highest
degree of quality resident care is provided at all times. The
position must function as a team member, team leader, and
supervisor to ensure that work is accomplished and quality care is
delivered, supporting team members and leading the way in
celebrating team successes. While focusing on delivering quality
care, the position must also manage the resources within their
control and assist others in managing resources. The position is
accountable for all operational aspects of the unit(s) on a 24-hour
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make sure that sufficient nursing staffing levels are met to
ensure delivery of quality resident care.
- Works with staff scheduler to Monitors staff attendance and
initiates disciplinary actions as needed.
- Identifies needs for staffing changes and communicates with
Director of Nursing.
- Assist in orientation and training of new employees and
participate in their ongoing training.
- Develop and communicate shift assignments for nursing staff and
monitor job performance to assure that staff are performing their
work assignments within acceptable nursing standards.
- Communicate with ancillary departments and nursing staff at
shift change on resident conditions, needs and concerns.
- Ensure that all nursing staff follow established departmental
policies and procedures.
- Evaluate staff performance and identifies, with employees,
opportunities for improvements.
- Ensure appropriate recognition for staff achievement.
- May participate in center projects, program development and
committees as needed.
- Responds to resident/family and staff concerns in a
- Participates in Case Managing needs of the resident.
- May assess potential admissions.
- Submits reports and completes Home Office monitors identified
in a timely manner.
- Completes and submits CCI report weekly.
- Identifies quality improvement opportunities and assists in
coordinating appropriate actions.
- Ensures interdisciplinary staff participation in the QI
- Promptly investigates and reports any allegations of resident
abuse, neglect or misappropriation.
- Follows up on written pharmacy recommendations.
- Follows up on dietary recommendations.
- Assists with monthly change over in physician orders
- Will review on a daily basis all telephone orders received in
last 24 hours to ensure appropriate documentation has
- Will engage in effective communication with DON/designee both
written and verbally, identifying issues/concerns/problems on the
- Participates in on-call rotation and 24-hour responsibility for
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the financial aspects of
nursing operations and provide accurate documentation of all
services in order to assure accurate reimbursement from all payor
- Manage the resources available in the role of unit manager
while ensuring that needed resources are available and that quality
care is delivered to all residents.
- Provide professional nursing care to residents.
- Participate in the development of a written care plan and
assessment for each resident and review and revise as appropriate.
(the resident care coordinator has primary responsibility for the
- Ensure that a clean, comfortable and safe environment for
residents is maintained at all times and assure that resident needs
- Maintain resident documentation, records and charts to ensure
an accurate, up to date record of the residents medical
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and
corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement
program, and safety, environmental and infection control
- Participate in and provide scheduled training, educational
classes, and orientation programs to maintain licensure of self and
certification of team members and enhance quality of care.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a current license as an RN or LPN in the state
where the center is located.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited
college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN
- A minimum of 5 years experience in long term care.Must maintain
current CPR certification.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO
plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from
life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage
from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer
match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nations
largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled
nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted
living communities, independent rehabilitation centers and
long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have
provided superior, comprehensive management services for the
development and management of adult living communities. We have a
single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our
hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we
create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients and
family members care for and about one another.
COVID Vaccines are available for CommuniCare employees. In
conjunction with our pharmacy partners , we are currently offering
free COVID vaccines to employees! You can protect yourself, your
family, and your community from COVID by getting vaccinated at no
Keywords: Great Lakes Healthcare Center, Chicago , RN / LPN Unit Manager, Other , Dyer, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!