Supervisor, Production (nights)
Company: Fresenius Kabi US
Location: Melrose Park
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of
employees engaging in component preparation, filling, capping,
autoclaving, terminal sterilization, compounding, and
lyophilization production. Ensures the proper systems and resources
are in place to meet production schedules on time and that product
is manufactured to specification and in accordance with SOP's,
cGMP's, and safety procedures.
- Supervises manufacturing group leaders and hourly staff in
proper operating techniques and procedures.
- Develops information and compiles reports concerning
scheduling, production goals, equipment and maintenance problems
and other studies or reports as requested.
- Assists in establishing production schedules.
- Confers with other department management to coordinate the
scheduling of operations to achieve required deadlines.
- Develops department employees through orientation, training,
establishment of objectives, communication of rules and policies
while building employee morale and motivation.
- Maintains compliance with company policies, cGMP's, safety
standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Monitors and controls production schedules and activities to
ensure the meeting of departmental performance objectives and
- Supervises, coordinates and controls the production and
operating activities to ensure optimum utilization of personnel,
materials, and equipment.
- Conducts continuous review and follow-up on projects to ensure
completion of assigned work.
- Evaluates the performance and production of staff; maintains
records on performance.
- Advises department management on matters relating to daily
operations and makes recommendations for improvements when
- Recommends and implements value and process improvement
- Ensures adequate resources are available to manufacture product
(equipment, supplies, and labor).
- Performs/ensures investigations and document
corrections/modifications are done effectively and in a timely
- Bachelors of Science degree plus two to three years supervisory
experience in a pharmaceutical or food plant.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven communication and employee relations skills
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package including
medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as life insurance,
disability, 401K with company match, and wellness program.
Fresenius Kabi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disabilities, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Fresenius Kabi US, Chicago , Supervisor, Production (nights), Other , Melrose Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!