Shipping & Receiving Associate
Company: McNichols Company
Location: Elk Grove Village
Posted on: June 12, 2021
With 19 service centers nationwide, McNICHOLS CO. is North
America's leading supplier and fabricator of "Hole Products,"
including Perforated and Expanded Metals, Wire Mesh and Designer
Metals, as well as a complete line of Metal Grating and Flooring
Products. Founded in 1952 by the late Robert L. McNichols, the
Company was established on strong values, high ethical standards,
and a commitment to employees and customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shipping and Receiving
Associate to join our HOLE team. This position performs warehouse
functions including shipping, receiving, picking inventory and
wrapping/crating orders according to detailed order and quality
All uniforms, steel toed boots, and safety equipment is provided
in a clean, safe work environment. We also offer an excellent
training program, skill based pay, and great opportunities for
- Pack and ship customer orders.
- Accurately receive incoming material to maintain inventory
- Safely operate forklifts and other lift equipment, handle
material and load and unload LTL carriers.
- Organize material pulls for orders to maintain an efficient
- Process incoming material including inspecting and receiving
POs, interbranch and vendor material, customer returns and damaged
- Provide excellent customer service; answer phone, direct walk
up customers to sales, and answer questions.
- Assure timely shipment of orders and communicate issues.
- Maintain high quality standards by following standardized
procedures and processes.
- Follow required safety and quality procedures.
- Call carriers to arrange order pickups.
- Use power tools such as chop saw, banders and packaging
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate computer knowledge; capable of using inventory
systems and RF scanners
- Experience with UPS Worldship and Fed Ex shipping programs
- Experience driving a forklift; side loader and overhead crane
experience a plus
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, lift material up
to 50 pounds, and perform other physical tasks.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2008, 5S / Lean a plus
- Must be able to work overtime as required
McNichols is proud to reward our team with quarterly recognition
incentives and a generous benefits package including 1st day
eligibility for health insurance, 3 weeks of PTO, 9+ paid holidays,
401k with partial employer match and company provided
McNichols is a Drug Free Workplace and strong advocate of
Visit our website at www.mcnichols.com/careers to learn
Keywords: McNichols Company, Chicago , Shipping & Receiving Associate, Other , Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!