Licensed Practical Nurse (Rogers Park, IL)
Company: Right at Home
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join Chicago's Best Care Team
At Right at Home Chicago Metro we are a Team made up of
dedicated and compassionate individuals who's mission is to Improve
the Quality of Life for Those We Serve. If you have a heart and
mind to serve, are dependable, detail minded, and have a curiosity
about people apply today!
Why Should You Work With Us?
We offer a career path, not just a job. We have robust benefits,
training, and support. We care for you the way we want you to care
for our clients.
Location: Rogers Park, IL
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) performs nursing care to client
in accordance with an established plan of care in accordance with
Agency policies and procedures and all other laws and relevant
- Flexible Scheduling
- Worker's Compensation Coverage
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Recognition & Rewards
- Benefit Access for:
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Care Reward Points for Cash and Prizes
- Gift Cards
- Caregiver of the Month/Year
- RaH Swag (Shirts, Bags, and More)
- Featured in Our Caregiver News Letter and Care Rewards Board in
- Acknowledge all Positive Feedback from Clients
Caregiver Referral Program
We offer a combinations of Cash Bonus and Care Reward Points for
referring a new Caregiver, with additional money for the referred
Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
- Extensive Orientation
Returns Skill Training on Hand-washing, Universal Precautions,
Safe Transfers, Body Mechanics, and Adult Diapering
- Mentoring Program With Shift Introductions and Specific Client
- Follow Up Calls and Meetings After First Shift and 30, 60, and
90 Day Mark
- Ongoing Followups with New Assignments
- Monthly Satisfaction Management Calls
- Specialty Training Opportunities
- TULIPS Training (Parkinson's)
- Hospice Care Training
- Cognitive Support Program
- Furnishes services in accordance with Agency policies and the
State Nurse Practice Act.
- Prepares and records clinical notes and progress notes.
- Observes and reports any signs or symptoms indicative of
changes in conditions of the client and family situation to the
Nursing Supervisor and documents such reports and observations in
the clinical record.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures, including administration
of treatments and medications, in the care of the client, under the
supervision of a Registered Nurse, in accordance with the State
Nurse Practice Act and the Plan of Care.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing
aseptic technique as required.
- Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care
- Assists with the rehabilitation of clients according to the
client care plan.
- Consults the Nursing Supervisor in making judgments or
decisions regarding care and treatments.
- Graduate of an approved Practical/Vocational Nursing Program
and one year of nursing experience in the past 5 years or
completion of an accredited refresher course within the past 2
- Currently licensed and in good standing as a
Practical/Vocational Nurse in this State.
- Knowledge and ability and the necessary skill and judgment to
perform all nursing procedures as outlined in the scope of practice
in the Nurse Practice Act. Understanding of the working team
concept and the ability to work under super-vision.
- Meets the requirements for employees providing direct client
- Read, write, speak and understand English as needed in the
- Must have valid driver's license and use of an insured
automobile for work or access to adequate transportation.
- Participates in in -service education programs as mandated by
State law. (This requirement need not be met exclusively through
Right at Home sponsored in-services programs.)
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who
want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the
lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at
Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to
our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring
for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the
lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver
Keywords: Right at Home, Chicago , Licensed Practical Nurse (Rogers Park, IL), Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!