Telephonic Nurse Case Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The Workers Compensation Telephonic Nurse Case Manager is
responsible for evaluating and expediting appropriate, cost
effective medical treatment of injured employees with the goal of
optimum medical improvement. The TCM is responsible for disability
management, including proactive early return to work coordination.
Close collaboration with the claims and medical team to achieve
individual case and department goals is a critical component of the
position. This position is responsible for managing AZ, CA, CO and
UT cases. The preferred location for this position is the Los
Angeles, CA office. Qualified candidates in the Chicago and Dallas
area may also be considered.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This
position will involve continuous personal, telephone and written
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong skills in time management, organization and
- Knowledge of traumatic injuries and the resultant disabilities
and medical complications.
- Knowledge of the local Worker's Compensation Acts and working
knowledge of the medical providers in the assigned territory.
- Knowledge and expertise in use of medical treatment guidelines
and disability duration guidelines.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products and ability to learn
other technology tools.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the
ability to work independently to manage priorities and meet
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Timely acknowledgment and review of new assignments.
- Timely completion of three point contacts within TCM
- Complete initial assessment report and case management plan.
Identify appropriate disability duration timeframes. Make
recommendations as to further activities and need for continued
- Throughout the life of an assignment review, analyze and
critically assess medical records compared to evidence based
treatment guidelines; communicate findings and recommendations to
the adjuster as part of the development of a medical action
- Active participation in claim round tables and committee
meetings to discuss medical and disability direction and assist
claims staff with recommendations for resolving the claim.
- Develop action plan for early return to work (RTW) based on
disability duration guidelines.
- Update the employer on work status of employee and verify
status of RTW possibilities.
- Meet productivity requirements
- Effectively manage inventory based on guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing required and
willingness to obtain additional licenses as needed.
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Minimum 3 year experience in Workers Compensation Case
Management field required.
- CA experience required and experience in AZ, CO is a plus
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding
work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how
Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse
perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way
where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the
opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Keywords: Chubb, Chicago , Telephonic Nurse Case Manager, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!