Company: LAZ Parking
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time
driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking
companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of
parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we're
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say "parking is our
industry but people are our passion." Our mission is to "create
opportunities for our employees and value for our clients". If
you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people
committed to being the best - contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Maintenance Technician maintains on-street parking equipment
to ensure it is in good working order.
Principal Job Duties:
- Drive a fleet vehicle safely and efficiently.
- Check and repair when necessary all parking meters and pay
- Standard check of equipment to include but is not limed to
proper operations, paper supply, accuracy of time on system clock,
and overall general appearance.
- Verify maintenance schedule for daily projects to be
- Keep accurate inventory of parts and equipment.
- Note and report any safety condition relating to equipment or
place of employment.
- Housekeeping duties to include but are not limited to cleaning
of tools and equipment, shop organization and any other
housekeeping tasks as deemed necessary.
- Walk assigned route daily noting and correcting any maintenance
- Paint meter poles, curbs, equipment as required.
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years in a maintenance or technical role.
- Experience in general labor and or assembly.
- Experience in an on-street or routed is preferred but not
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of the city or area the position is
- General knowledge of computers.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- General knowledge of hand-held devices and computers.
- Ability to handle challenging and, at times,
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrates the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of how to operate various types of motor
- Ability to produce and maintain an acceptable driving record
and unrestricted drivers' license.
- Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain,
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift continuously throughout a
- Ability to operate machinery and vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and
pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our
employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to
provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons,
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetics,
Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other
protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law. No question in our application process
is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's
consideration for employment on such grounds.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: LAZ Parking, Chicago , Maintenance Technician, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!