Director of Software Applications
Company: Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What you'll be doing:
As Director of Software Applications, you will work with teams
of software engineers, web developers and Salesforce specialists to
direct the design, build, implementation, support, and maintenance
of Salesforce and Microsoft technologies applications. You will
manage a team of staff members and act as a technology specialist,
working with different departments of the organization to define
requirements, identify and propose solutions, set deadlines, assign
responsibilities, and monitor the progress of technology projects
across applications development and implementation.
To be successful, you will have a well-rounded background in IT
with hands on experience implementing Custom Applications on
Salesforce and Microsoft Platforms, web/mobile/responsive design
and development, managing SCRUM based project teams, and exhaustive
experience in application development. You will have an in-depth
understanding of best practices for SDLC and project management
methodologies and tools, able to take lead responsibility for time
sensitive projects and accurately estimate resource requirements
and can make judgments based on experience.
What you need to succeed:
- 4-5 years Salesforce experience and knowledge is required.
- 6-8 years overall IT experience demonstrating increased
- 4-6 years' experience managing application development teams as
Application Development Manager, Technology Lead, or Team
- 3-5 years hands-on experience managing multiple SCRUM teams.
SCM Certification highly desired.
- Experience leading custom development and implementation
projects from a technology perspective strongly desired.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage team of Application
Architects, Developers, Testers and Business Analysts.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and staying in
- Strong experience establishing processes and estimating and
- Strong understanding of User Interface/Experience as an end
user with ability to align with emerging technologies and
- Detail oriented with excellent supervisory, communication,
problem-solving, conflict resolution, and organizational
What you'll be responsible for:
- Work daily with team members and stake holders, participate in
meetings (daily standups, sprint planning, etc.) Oversee ongoing
development, testing and implementation of our Salesforce platform
as well as strategic and operational technology projects within the
- Manage planning and implementation activities on projects and
report on current project capacity and trends. Ensure resource
capacity issues are identified and addressed.
- Serve as liaison and inter-department leader, taking ownership
of requirements gathering and quality metrics.
- Support and understand our different website databases,
content, operations, and enhance site functionality. Initiate gap
analysis processes to routinely reevaluate strategic plans, work
with users to understand business requirements, and build process
flow schematics that assist developers.
- Compile best practices and other relevant documentation for
operational and delivery efficiency. Measure project team
performance and suggest improvements.
- Help identify, develop, and demonstrate new technology
solutions to advance the organization.
- Directly support JUF campaign integration on an ongoing basis
in addition to mandatory campaign-related activities.
Keywords: Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago, Chicago , Director of Software Applications, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!