Senior Analyst of Mergers and Acquisition Accounting
Company: Arthur J Gallagher & Co.
Location: Rolling Meadows
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and
consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive
and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way,
our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by
our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized
solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Presents recommendations to management based on analysis
completed personally or by others who the incumbent may
- Prepares at least one financial statement or public report
(balance sheet, statement of cash flows, etc.).
- Responsible for most complex activities associated with general
ledger, financial reports, and budget analysis.
- Produces timely, accurate and reliable financial information,
including preparation of P&L, balance sheets, and group
- May post accruals/prepayments, reconcile intercompany accounts,
P&L and balance sheet accounts, manage & control the fixed
asset register, capital expenditure controls & reporting, produce
monthly consolidation reporting pack, produce statutory accounts,
compute corporate tax (in conjunction with tax function) and/or
analyze cost center reporting.
- Reviews the work of and trains (formally or informally) less
senior staff on financial compliance issues.
- May supervise day-to-day work of lower level employees, but
will not typically have formal management role.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 5 or more years of related work experience required
- Broad knowledge of accounting practices/principles and
preparation of strategic recommendations to management
- Proficiency in MS Excel application and functions
- CPA, MBA or other financial certification
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV
online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any
offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among
other things, post-employment obligations relating to
non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal
employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor
any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran
status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected
status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all
aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not
limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer,
demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In
addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known
physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant
with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue
hardship on the operation of our business.
Keywords: Arthur J Gallagher & Co., Chicago , Senior Analyst of Mergers and Acquisition Accounting, Other , Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!