Sponsored Projects Specialist - OSP Pre-Award - Proposals
Company: University of Illinois at Chicago
Posted on: June 12, 2021
OVCR - Office of Sponsored Programs - Proposals
The University of Illinois at Chicago seeks an experienced
Sponsored Projects Specialist (SPS) for the Office of Sponsored
Programs. This position performs professional level duties related
to the review and approval of proposals for and acceptance of all
awards/agreements received in support of sponsored program
activities for the Chicago, Peoria and Rockford campuses of the
University of Illinois. Serve as a liaison between the university
and agency on award and contract-related financial and
Awards and Agreements Review/Administration
- Review and submit proposal applications (including budget
adherent to applicable University, State, Federal and Sponsor
guidelines and requirements).
- Interpret, negotiate, and recommend acceptance of
awards/agreements on behalf of the Board of Trustees of the
University of Illinois.
- Evaluate and interpret award documents for the appropriate
set-up in establishing sponsored project account. Route fully
executed Awards/Agreements to the Office of Sponsored Projects
-Post Award to ensure proper account set up.
- Prior to proposal submission, guide and support investigators
and staff in preparation and submission of proposals to various
sponsors including federal and non-profit funding agencies.
- Route awards/agreements to the appropriate University
official/faculty/academic unit staff to ensure necessary approvals
are obtained and the Awards/Agreements are executed on a timely
- Provide faculty and academic unit staff information concerning
the status of proposal applications and Awards/Agreements
throughout the development, negotiation and approval process.
Provide notification when the necessary approvals are
Policies and Procedures Development/Implementation
- Implement policies and standard operating procedures to ensure
compliance with sponsor rules and regulations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies
relating to Electronic Research Administration (ERA), i.e., NSF
FastLane and other electronic proposal routing and approval
programs and contract negotiation.
- Advise faculty and academic unit staff on sponsor polices and
procedure and the rules and regulations of the University,
including changes thereto, policies and procedures as they apply to
- Participate in and/or develop training, workshops and seminars
on issues related to sponsored project administration. Assist in
preparation of educational materials and communications related to
research administration and sponsored project activity. Work with
department leadership to provide updated information on the OVCR
website related to sponsored program and electronic research
administration policies and procedures.
Perform other related duties and participate in special projects
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree/JD preferred.
Certification as active Certified Research Administrator (CRA) or
comparable certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of the federal regulations and guidelines that govern
the conduct of research such as Uniform Administrative
Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for federal
Awards (2 CFR Part 2OO), FAR and DFAR clauses and Export
Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR). Basic understanding of fund accounting
- One to three years' experience in sponsored program
administration, preferably at an institution of higher education
and in central or department administration office, office of
sponsored programs, office of research administration, university
or medical center setting, or federal grant-making agency.
- Strong computer knowledge of basic information systems (Word,
Excel, Adobe, and other database applications) and web
applications. Fluency in Kuali Coeus research administration
- Demonstrated excellent communication (written and verbal),
interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to lead,
participate in and constructively contribute to a team environment.
Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with
interdisciplinary teams of external /sponsor and internal
Keywords: University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago , Sponsored Projects Specialist - OSP Pre-Award - Proposals, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!