Software Engineer II (Derived Data Team)
Company: Peak6 Investments
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us
headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building,
where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were
among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary
technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage
our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several
investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital,
operational control, trading and esports. Throughout the years,
we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we
continue to evolve.
As a Software Engineer II on the Derived Data Team, a regular
day could include working closely with quantitative researchers,
other engineering teams, or our traders toimprove and automate
workflows,optimize models, and develop frameworks to support
curation and distribution of large data sets as well as signals
used as key inputs in a live trading environment.
On theDerived DataTeam, you'll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with trading and technology teams on trading
strategy, creating applications for both individual traders as well
as more robust applications for broader scale use acrossthe entire
- Contribute to the full product development lifecycle ofcritical
tools that enable trading and firm portfolio management.
- Work directly with quantitative researchers and engineers on
the derived data team to ingest and evaluate new datasets for
signal generation and other quantitative models.
- Ensuring quality and correctness of applications through
automated testingas well as manual interaction with the
- Monitoring applications in production for performance
andeffectiveness, always looking for areas to
- Troubleshooting production issues quickly and efficiently.
You'll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do,
you should have:
- Must have proficiency in Python.Go or Java is a nice to
- Experience with some combination of the following Python
libraries; Pandas, NumPy,PyArrow,PyTorch,Scikit-learn,
- Prior experience working in a data driven research environment
is a plus.
- Bachelors orMastersDegree in Computer Science,
Engineering.Passion for math, statistics, machine learning, or
financial engineering a plus.
- 3+ yearsof software development, with sometrading or finance
industry experience preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to
- Familiarity with Linux platform.
- Effective communication skills.
- Passion for learning new technology and building software as
part of a team.
Does our Engineering DNA Match yours?
- We collaborate in small, agile teams to learn and develop
- We like to develop impactful features fast so we can share
directly with our end-users and iterate quickly
- We're focused on well-defined software delivery and continuous
- People are everything and our support for each other is
- Through open source technology, we continue to evolve our tech
stacks while looking for ways to contribute back to the
- Whether you're new to our tech stack or an expert, we encourage
each team member to experiment with new technologies and take
ownership of projects.
- We love to have fun and dedicate time to exploring new
technologies and ideas through Tech Days and Hackathons.
- Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has
decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our
business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding
and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not
be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're
safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities
and the CDC.
Keywords: Peak6 Investments, Chicago , Software Engineer II (Derived Data Team), Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!