Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes
passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our
extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common
goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Production Supervisor supports the World of Whirlpool with
the planning and execution of live and virtual experiences. The
duties include working with the Whirlpool trainers and Benchmark
meeting planners during pre and post production; along with being
hands on during the actual event. This position will oversee and
execute technical and digital enhancements to live & virtual
experiences including but not limited to music, animations, video
recording / editing & other pre/post production elements as
necessary. This position also has responsibility for the Meeting
Engineering operations, including the timely and accurate set-up of
all conference meetings and private functions, inventory control of
supplies pertinent to the Conference Floor Department and
maintenance of all Conference related equipment and meeting rooms,
ensuring the enjoyment and satisfaction of our guests, while
developing a work environment that is conducive to living, learning
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience within the area detailed
- Technical degree or certificate preferred.
- One year supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite, including After
Effects & Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut, Avid, etc.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. to a maximum height of 60 inches on a
- Able to work variable hours including weekends and
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license and ability to safely operate passenger
- In depth knowledge and understanding of audio visual equipment
and setup, including general use of laptops, projectors,
microphones, and display monitors.
- Consult, innovate & collaborate on creative aspects with the
World of Whirlpool team on virtual experiences, including in-person
- Assist with the creation of any digital assets necessary for
virtual experiences or in person meetings, including but not
limited to titles, graphics, music, sound design, etc.
- Oversee technical aspects of virtual experiences, including but
not limited to being a camera operators, Zoom host, director,
editing and mixing any pre-recorded content.
- Manage the inventory, purchasing and maintenance of production
- Manage all of the conference events and private function areas
to pre-determined specifications including set-up, turn over,
teardown, resetting and cleaning.
- Oversee the setup and breakdown of large product and appliance
delivery, along with directing Line Review setups per diagrams or
- Knowledge of the names, locations, capacities, room set-up
styles, capabilities and interaction of all conference rooms and
private function areas.
- Promoting and maintaining a good level of employee / guest /
- Attending weekly meetings and disseminating the information to
the appropriate team members.
- Communicate all known problems to the Director of Operations,
- Oversee the maintenance of all areas within the Experience
Center and World of Whirlpool on a daily basis; reporting any
cleaning, safety concerns and repair needs no matter how small the
- Ordering, storing, maintaining and inventorying all Conference
equipment and operating supplies as directed by the Operations
- If needed, prepare weekly schedules for the Meeting Engineer
- Ability to drive and operate passenger van, when required.
- Enforce rules of conduct and discipline in accordance with the
rules and regulations set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Ensuring the service standards of the Property are maintained
by the Meeting Engineer team.
- Assist in all areas of the World of Whirlpool & First Floor
Experience Center, as needed.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Chicago , Production Supervisor, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!