Sr. Manager, Application Development Web & Mobile
Company: US Cellular
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Sr. Manager, Application Development Web & Mobile -
The Sr. Manager of Application Development Web & Mobile is
responsible for the application design, development, integration,
and deployment of UScellular's core business digital applications
which represent a critical dependency for operation and execution
of the USCC business. These include web-based e-commerce, account
management, and associate support systems. Lead all aspects of
execution of technical, application architecture, and development
of technical designs. Lead 3rd party vendor execution on design,
development, and implementation services.
- Collaborate with business and IT Leadership to understand and
help drive technology and business strategy and their implication
to applications under responsibility.
- Accountable to business and technology management for
end-to-end application prioritization, planning, development,
integration, test support and implementation.
- Makes recommendation on and ensures alignment to system
development lifecycle standards and implements process and
- Collaborates closely with the Architecture and Delivery
Planning teams to understand and schedule new initiatives from the
business and to handle improvement requests and changes from the
- Participates in project estimating, planning processes, and
- Leads application development and/or application support
- Collaborates closely with the Quality Assurance department to
facilitate QA and testing efforts and streamline the resolution of
- Monitors and reports on the number of quality issues and their
time to resolution. Actively works to improve quality concerns and
implements improvement initiatives to reduce defects.
- Prioritizes and leads development and implementation of
improvements / changes.
- Maintains the relationship with internal and external services
vendors to ensure outstanding service delivery for core application
- Collaborates with the Infrastructure Support / Operations
Managers to define Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and negotiate
appropriate support commitments for existing products.
- Actively identifies / mitigates risks to delivering solution on
time and within budget.
- Reviews technical specifications to ensure completeness and
alignment to business needs and requirements.
- Handles the business technology budget for application
development and application support- related activities; approve ad
hoc, non-application - related spending.
- Seeks ways to reduce application related costs and optimize
performance of applications.
- Drives continuous improvements by demonstrating well defined
application service and support methodologies.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with development
teams, Business Analysts, architecture, quality assurance, business
and IT Leadership.
- Participate in and support cross technology process improvement
- Monitor workload of technology staff to ensure team members are
consistently led and challenged.
- Proactively mentor team members to promote career management,
performance measurement, and skill development of staff.
- Play significant role in performance management writing
appraisals, providing personal and timely feedback, and helping
staff design their career development plans.
- Actively participate in HR performance measurement
- Promote effective teamwork and handle the resolution of
- Identify ways to share resources across applications /
platforms to promote information sharing and career / skill
development through job rotation.
- Define staffing plans and oversee recruiting process to achieve
- Work with HR and Resource Manager to define and implement
programs to address changes in resourcing, career mobility, career
development and reward / recognition initiatives.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Dynamic
- Bachelor's degree, or specialized training / equivalent work
experience is required
- 8 to 12 years of relevant experience in systems and
applications management including systems / application design,
which includes at least 3 years of experience in leading teams or
- Requires prior management, supervisory or team leader
- Good project management and team leadership skills e.g.,
planning, budgetary control, people management etc.
- Experience in leading web applications / platforms and
development teams to provide service to multiple clients
- Proficient in the digital and e-commerce technical
- Strong knowledge of application integration & web services
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards, and
- Wireless telecommunications experience preferred.
- Strong vendor and contract management preferred
- Excellent written and verbal social skills
- Strong influencing / negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal / relationship management skills
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to
qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: US Cellular, Chicago , Sr. Manager, Application Development Web & Mobile, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!