Location: Rolling Meadows
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and
consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive
and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way,
our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by
our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized
solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Financial Analyst is part of Gallagher's Global Data Analytics
team and is responsible for supporting a variety of
revenue-generating initiatives, including Gallagher's data-driven
carrier platform - SmartMarket. Support includes building
dashboards and analyzing key performance metrics for each
initiative. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing
and explaining trends and responding to ad-hoc questions posed by
management and business leaders. The Financial Analyst will work
with multiple internal and external data sources to assess market
performance in support of global Carrier Relations teams.
- Identifying trends and developments related to market
conditions. Develop innovative insights from internal and external
data. Analyze and communicate findings to Carrier Relations and
senior members of the Global Analytics teams.
- Support global Carrier Relations and other internal clients in
an advisory capacity. Maintain ongoing executive reporting and
provide timely ad-hoc analysis to clients.
- Develop expertise on various aspects of internal data. Learn
from different areas of the business and function as a trusted
resource for the Global Analytics team.
- Collaborate with IT, data teams and business leaders. Perform
exploratory analysis on new data sources.
- Requires bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience.
- Strong PC and Microsoft application skills.
- Excel expertise required (pivots, V-lookups, macros)
- Bachelor's degree in a financial or mathematical field
- Minimum 2 years of data or financial analyst experience
- Strong communication, problem solving and critical thinking
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- A background in commercial insurance - carrier experience is a
- Experience working with larger data sets
- Experience with data programming, querying and visualization
tools - Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI, SQL
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as
independently and drive results.
- Comfortable in an environment with changing priorities, and
competing demands for time.
- Highly motivated with ability to drive results.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal
employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor
any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national
origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran
status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived
sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to,
recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion,
compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition,
Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or
mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a
disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. #LI-NN1
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV
online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older or must demonstrate legal
capacity to enter a contract
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any
offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among
other things, post-employment obligations relating to
non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
- Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
Keywords: Gallagher, Chicago , Financial Analyst, Other , Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!