RN-Registered Nurse - Admissions/Transfers - Float - FT - Day
Company: AMITA HEALTH
Posted on: October 14, 2021
We Are Hiring:
What You Will Do:
Coordinate and facilitate patient
admissions or transfers according to patient acuity, bed
availability, and required services.
What You Will Need:
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and multidisciplinary team
members to place patient in appropriate level of care to achieve
- Coordinate as liaison between physician requestors for
consultants and specialty consultants.
- Initiate care management process including pre-registration and
- Stay informed of changes in managed care and communicate
procedural and financial impact to admitting physicians during the
- Review medical reports from referring hospitals or physician
offices and relays information to nursing unit.
- Develop relationships with referral sources and admission
- Maintain documentation of communications with physician/service
referrals for legal, medical, statistical, and process improvement
- Follow up with referring entities for ease of access,
marketing, evaluation, and quality improvement.
- Coordinate education and development of internal staff and
external departments to ensure understanding of intake review and
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of
Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
AMITA Health, one of the largest health
systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230
sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups,
26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves
over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the
communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients
and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body,
mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the
source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being.
We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement
potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages.
AMITA Health will provide equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for
employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression,
age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information,
carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants.
Keywords: AMITA HEALTH, Chicago , RN-Registered Nurse - Admissions/Transfers - Float - FT - Day, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!