MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
* Negotiate all trade and vendor pricing per project to reach
* Determine needed site resources (manpower, equipment and
materials) from start to finish with attention to the project
* Plan all construction operations and schedule all work on-site
to ensure deadlines will be met.
* Assist in ordering materials and supplies.
* Schedule deliveries on-site.
* Provide a daily client update including project progress
report and photographs; keep a daily log of what took place on-site
for each project.
* Communicate with the client daily about the project and be
prepared to answer their questions.
* Award all trade contracts and allocate their
* Communicate quality and performance standards to all trade
contractors and vendors.
* Strive for no-defect, no schedule delay construction.
* Supervise the work of each project on-site and provide
guidance as needed.
* Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards on the job
* Create the Project Close Out binder.
* 5+ years experience of running projects on site
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work in a team setting
* Experience in managing, training and developing people
* Proven ability to deliver construction projects on time and on
* Must be able to work in a multiple-project environment
* Ability to read and understand plans
* Technical understanding of residential construction including
building codes, trade sequencing, and best building practices
* Capable of problem solving and experience with complex
* Work with subcontractors, suppliers, utilities, city
inspectors, organize and direct activities concerned with their
* Establish project objectives, policies, procedures,
performance, and quality standards within boundaries of company
policy and contract specifications
* Monitor and control project through managing the construction
schedule and directing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure
project is completed on schedule and within budge
* Investigate potentially serious situations, anticipate project
delays, monitor job site safety, and implement corrective
This General Contractor is a leader in the Chicago construction
industry. They work on light industrial, commercial, retail, and
multifamily projects. This GC has been around for 50+ years and
have a strong reputation with over 80 percent of their business
being repeat. They are seeking a traveling superintendent to come
on board and oversee their projects throughout the nation. In
return, they will be offered a competitive base salary, and
* Salaries up to $115K, dependent on experience
* Bonus and commission opportunity
* Competitive health care package
* Gas card
* Everything involved with travel fully covered
* Company credit card
* Cell phone and laptop provided
* 401K match (up t 4% match)
* Ongoing training and continuing education
* 11 paid holidays
* Standard PTO
* Growth potential
* Monthly company events