MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will be responsible
* Working closely with pre-construction team to understand the
* Communicate with clients throughout the budgeting and planning
* Collaborate with site superintendent(s) to ensure labor
coverage for the project
* Communicate and facilitate and change orders to superintendent
* Create and manage a strict budget and schedule
* Manage any conflict between client, subcontractors, and
* Manage close-out and punch list
* Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or a
related degree is required.
* PM and field work experience is preferred.
* Working knowledge of construction principles and construction
safety knowledge highly desirable.
* An adaptable self-starter with strong problem-solving and
* Proficiency with construction related hardware/software
Although my client is known as one of the best local GC's in the
Chicago market, they are being asked by their repeat clients to
complete projects nationwide. My clients work is in the new
construction of Warehousing & Distribution, Cold Storage & Food
Processing and Industrial & Manufacturing facilities. They take
pride in each project work which has made them a well-known GC
across the country completing over $1B in a single market. With the
light industrial space being the hottest market right now across
the USA, and this client being one of the most reputable companies
in the Midwest, they are in desperate need of a qualified Project
Engineer to lead $100MM+ projects.
* Salaries up to $85k dependent on experience
* Excellent career growth opportunities - add value
* Direct communication with the President
* Great benefits packages with little cost to the employee
* Opportunity to be a part of a growing company with a ton of
* Work/life balance with flexible hours and autonomy
* Tuition reimbursement