Demand Planner (North of Chicago)
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Demand PlannerCorporate Headquarters12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant
Prairie, WI 53158At Uline, our products are always in stock, ready
to ship. This is how we fulfill our service promise to our
customers. In the Purchasing department, you'll make sure every
location has enough supply to cover the growing demand.Better
together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking
for good people who share our passion.Uline is proud to operate as
a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment
hair follicle drug screening.Position Responsibilities
- Collaborate and utilize "like item" demand history to develop
new item forecasts.
- Set corporate and branch inventory policy.
- Establish supply chain pre-buy strategies along with ramp-up /
ramp-down plans for seasonal product lines.
- Utilize established demand planning tools to review historical
sales trends, research demand drivers, develop forecast models and
evaluate forecast results.
- Provide input and establish inventory strategies on new
products, existing items and product phase-outs.
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation
activities such as scenario planning and capacity analysis.
- Work closely with buyers and merchants to ensure supply chain
backorders are minimized.
- Measure performance by creating and / or providing metrics and
measurements, as well as exception management reports, to analyze
program effectiveness and opportunities.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 - 3 years experience in supply chain, purchasing, demand
forecasting or related fields.
- Solid understanding of supply chain / inventory management
practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of demand planning / forecasting software a
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental,
vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and
- Scholarship program for children of employees.Employee Perks
- On-site cafe with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house
speakers.About UlineUline is North America's leading distributor of
shipping, industrial and packaging materials. We're a family-owned
company known for incredible service, our 800+ page catalog of over
38,500 quality products and same-day shipping of our huge in-stock
inventory. With over 7,000 employees across 12 locations, it's time
you joined Uline.Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed
by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity
opens for you to join our Uline family.EEO/AA
Employer/Vet/Disabled#LI-JF1#CORP(#IN-PPPUR)Our employees make the
difference and we are committed to offering exceptional benefits
and perks! Explore Uline.jobs to learn more!
Keywords: Uline, Chicago , Demand Planner (North of Chicago), Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!