Prosthetist Resident - Prosthetics + Orthotics, Full time
Company: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The Prosthetist Resident will provide care to patients with
partial or total loss of limb by fitting and making artificial
limbs known as prostheses, under the direction of and in
consultation with a physician. The Prosthetist Resident will
consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for
excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect
and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees,
and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of
the institute. The Prosthetist Resident will demonstrate Shirley
Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability,
Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer
Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery,
Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job
duties. -- Principal Responsibilities The Prosthetist Resident:
- Examines and evaluates patients' prosthetic needs and designs
the prosthesis accordingly.
- Measures and makes any needed casts.
- Fits the patient for the prosthesis and makes necessary
- Selects necessary materials for the prosthesis.
- Instructs patients in the use and care of the prosthesis.
- Evaluates patient progress and maintains patient records.
- Monitors the work of technicians and residents in relation to
the development of prostheses.
- Presents two case presentations and participates in the review
of two peer journal articles in the course of residency cycle.
- Completes a ---Resident Directed Study--- approved by a
preceptor and the National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic
- Maintains a log of patient statistics for completion of the
NCOPE Residency Performance evaluation.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best
interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Job Requirements: To apply
for this position, please click "APPLY NOW" and you will be sent to
our online application.We ask you to please take a few minutes to
fill out the application.We look forward to speaking with you
Keywords: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Chicago , Prosthetist Resident - Prosthetics + Orthotics, Full time, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!