Category Insights Associate, Prepared Foods
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Category Insights Associate,
About This Job
Have you ever walked down an aisle in your local Retail Store and
wondered why your favorite beverage or food product moved or why
the signage changed? At NielsenIQ, we work with retailers &
manufacturers to help them understand their consumers and to
optimize their business. At NielsenIQ, you will work face-to-face
with clients and use NielsenIQ solutions to help find the right
assortment, track trends, guide pricing strategies, and make
advertising more impactful. Every day brings a new challenge
working in the fast-paced CPG environment. Be curious. Be
collaborative. Be forward-thinking. Join the NielsenIQ Team and
work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver, and the
voice of NielsenIQ at our clients.
- Partner with clients to understand their strategic priorities
and align on analytic projects which drive their business
- Timely response to clients' ad hoc requests, data understanding
needs, NielsenIQ solution usage and adoption, and business
- Develop expertise to educate clients on NielsenIQ data and
solutions, consult on industry trends, and share innovative thought
- Work independently to create impactful presentations,
insightful analyses, and actionable recommendations to address key
client business issues.
- Build strong partnerships with clients and internal
stakeholders, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor and
- Serve as a daily point of contact for clients while managing
multiple deadlines and projects.
- Independently complete thorough analyses using NielsenIQ's
proprietary tools and multiple data sources to develop insights
that drive value-added decision making and client outcomes.
- Be accountable for identifying opportunities to collaborate
across NielsenIQ teams and drive consultative sales with
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate stakeholders
leading to successful outcomes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated account and project management skills and ability
to manage multiple priorities
- Experience meeting or exceeding commitments
- Experience using large data sets to finding insights and make
- Proven problem-solving skills using deductive reasoning,
understanding hierarchical relationships, and identifying gaps in
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
and/or GSuite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and BI Tools (Microstrategy,
Power Bi, Tableau).
a Little Bit About You
You confidently manage data, and you care about the people behind
every number. You constantly seek to learn new things and lean into
new capabilities. Change excites you. Curiosity, communication, and
critical thinking drive your work--whether you got your start in
sales or consulting analytics or consumer goods. Now you're ready
for what's next.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1.5 - 3 years of experience with demonstrated expertise in
syndicated data analysis.
- Previous experience in industries that include Consumer
Packaged Goods, Retail Consulting, Information, Sales, Analytics,
and Marketing is beneficial for this role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that
provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers
and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods
manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with
accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete
picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need
to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ
data with other data sources to help clients around the world
understand what's happening now, what's happening next, and how to
best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the
action. That's why you can find us at work in over 90 countries,
covering more than 90% of the world's population. For more
information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age,
marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected
Keywords: NielsenIQ, Chicago , Category Insights Associate, Prepared Foods, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!