Community Support Specialist - North Side
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Community Support Specialist provides direct service to
clients through individual and group counseling/therapy, vocational
support, crisis intervention, and psycho-social rehabilitation.
They identify risk factors related to release and develop relapse
prevention plans and strategies. -ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Develops and reviews members' care plans by identifying goals,
objectives, and specific mental health services needed.
- Teaches members independent and community living skills, such
as housekeeping, meal preparation, coping skills, etc.
- Provides support to members with collateral social service
agencies and the community.
- Documents services provided in an Electronic Health Record in a
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and have:
- High school diploma or GED certificate with 5 years of
supervised job-related experience in the field of social services
OR - Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related
- Daily access to a personal vehicle
- Valid driver's license
- Willingness to provide transportation for members of the
- Must obtain and maintain liability car insurance of:
- $100,000 per person bodily injury
- $300,000 per accident
- $100,000 property damage
- Covid-19 Note
- In the spirit of caring for one another and our community,
please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from
Thresholds, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19
vaccination. The requirement is subject to accommodation in
compliance with applicable laws and regulations. -WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Paid Time Office Policy (Vacation, Sick, and Personal
- 4 Medical Insurance Plans -
- Dental Insurance -
- Vision Insurance -
- 403(b) with 3% employer match -
- Mileage Reimbursement -
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness -
- Supervision for Clinical Licensure at no cost (LSW, LCSW, LPC,
Keywords: Thresholds, Chicago , Community Support Specialist - North Side, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!