Bilingual Production Supervisor
Company: CS Recruiting
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Our client is an independent processor of quality beef, pork and
chicken. They focus on selling to the hotel, restaurant, and
institution markets. They also specialize in custom cuts for
further processors including but not limited to grinding
operations, deli and jerky manufacturers, and the prepared entr--e
market. This company was founded in 1990. In that first year, the
company transacted $6 million in sales out of a single 10,000
square foot facility. Today, 30 years later, they produce sales in
excess of $150 million and operates out of two facilities in a
campus environment encompassing 80,000 square feet. The company
employs over 100 specialty butchers who customize meat for
Bilingual Production Supervisor
Our client is seeking a Bilingual Production Supervisor for both
1st and 2nd shift. This person would be responsible for efficiently
managing the production lines of either fresh or frozen product
that conforms to the specifications of the company and the
standards of the customer.
Job Type: Full Time
- Maintain plant floor presence to evaluate daily operations and
make necessary changes; audit department and individual production
- Ensures proper scheduling of employees, materials and supplies
to meet production/delivery schedules; overseas and controls
overtime hours to minimize unscheduled costs.
- Takes action to improve production efficiency of plant
employees based on information disseminated.
- Monitor all work that is being performed to ensure that it
meets the specifications and standards established by the company;
Take immediate action to remedy any non-compliant situations.
- Monitor safety performance, taking appropriate action to
commend safe work practices and prevent/resolve safety infractions;
Supports safety initiative and incentives.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, incentivize and discipline (up to
and including the termination) of direct reports.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures to protect all
employees and company property including tools, equipment, raw
materials and finished products.
- Communicate with employees, managers, inspectors, customers and
- Responsible for coaching and training of production personnel,
including holding group meetings to communicate methods and
- Determine ways to increase production while adhering to safety
standards; promoting a culture of safety.
- Suggest packaging methods that will increase product quality
- Proactively work with QC Inspectors to ensure production
- Proactively present issues with proposed solutions.
- Responsible for timecards and payroll changes for production
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Follow all safety regulations and support others in working
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of related work experience.
- Food service plant experience; preferably meat.
- Experience in a goal-oriented production environment.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, organizing own workload
to maintain high quality and output while achieving set deadlines
- Good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills;
analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to positively function within an atmosphere of
collaboration and accountability.
- Personal resiliency.
- Ability to perform effectively within ambiguous
- Ability to work with cold materials in a cold, humid
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution,
Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution
Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, KPI, Shipping,
Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution,
Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product
Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor,
Keywords: CS Recruiting, Chicago , Bilingual Production Supervisor, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!