Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Posted on: January 17, 2022
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide technical and
administrative support for Shirley Ryan AbilityLab's (SRAlab)
server, storage, messaging, database, and virtualization
infrastructure. Supports SRAlab's server, Redhat Linux, Exchange,
MS SQL Server, VMWare ESX Server, EMC Clariion SAN, EMC Legato, and
EMC Celerra technologies. This includes installation and
maintenance of server operating systems, database management
systems, messaging applications, web servers, network and server
management systems, storage and virtualization systems. The Senior
Systems Engineer will consistently demonstrate support of the
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core
Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts
and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families,
fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or
in the interest of the institute. The Senior Systems Engineer will
demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication,
Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving,
Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery,
Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job
duties. Principal Responsibilities
- Support SRAlab's server, database, messaging, and storage
systems, including hardware (servers, disk arrays, cabling, etc.)
support, operating system installation and configuration, and
- Design and implement systems solutions to support business
activities including financial and reporting applications.
- Serves as project manager for infrastructure-related projects,
using standard project management tools.
- Support the network operating system environment and provide
tier-2 and tier-3 support for administrative tasks including user
accounts, directory services/domain environments, printing
environment, and network security.
- Provide escalation support of SRAlab's EMC Legato, EMC
Replication Manager, and VMWare VCB backup systems.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and testing of
disaster avoidance and recovery policies and procedures.
- Document system hardware and OS components (inventories,
configuration, etc.) software (licenses, configurations, etc.) and
cabling configuration in narrative and graphic form.
- Develop and support network management platforms based on IBM's
NetCool and Microsoft's SMS products.
- Document systems changes using ITIL best practices.
- Perform routine server and security-related maintenance
activities, and document completion.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best
interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. Job Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of computer technology and information
management concepts typically acquired through completion of a
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other
closely related field; Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a corporate IT
environment developing and supporting a medium to large
- Requires expert-level administrative experience with Windows
Server, Windows SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, EMC VMWare, and EMC
- Advanced-level administrative experience with IBM's NetCool,
Enterprise Anti-Virus and Anti-SPAM products, SQL reporting, SQL
Reporting Services, IIS, and Microsoft SMS highly preferred.
- Solid understanding of the following network protocols and
technologies: HTTP, SMTP , SNMP, DHCP, VLANs.
- Proficiency in the analysis of network and application
performance through the use of protocol analyzers, syslogs, NT/2K
event logs, and SNMP traps.
- Technical certifications from Microsoft at the MCSE levels or
higher, are highly preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate
effectively with user departments concerning network/PC support,
training and issues as well as a variety of external contacts.
- Analytical skills necessary to analyze business problems and
apply computer technology to resolve same and/or increase
operational efficiency of PCs in a networking environment. About
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global
leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults and
children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining our
team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision.
You'll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and
equity are championed through words and actions. You'll contribute
to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces
curiosity, discovery and compassion. You'll play a role in
something that's never been done before as we integrate science and
clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes - as
we Advance Human Ability, together. The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified. Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. To apply for this position,
please click "APPLY NOW" and you will be sent to our online
application.We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the
application.We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Keywords: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Chicago , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!