Centralized Scheduler - bilingual English/Polish
Company: Primecare Community Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionLocations Belmont Cragin 5635 W Belmont
AveChicago, IL 60634 Fullerton 3924 W Fullerton Ave Chicago, IL
60647 Hamlin1920 N Hamlin Ave Chicago, IL 60647 Northwest 1649 N
Pulaski Rd Chicago, IL 60639 West Town 1431 N Western Ave, Suite
401 Chicago, IL 60622 Wicker Park 1127 N Oakley Blvd, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60622 Young Family 1431 N Western Ave, Suite 101
Chicago, IL 60622 Duties and Responsibilities
- Models PrimeCare's mission, philosophy and values
- Has a complete understanding of the scheduling system for
scheduling of patients, as well as looking up previous balance to
help assist patients.
- Is proficient in running necessary reports to determined missed
appointments, and walk in appointments
- Removes phones for the answering service
- Forwards clinics phones to the main scheduling number.
- Update and uses resource book as a tool for all updates
- Demonstrates proficiency in using the patient management
- Continually updates patient's demographic information by asking
current phone, emergency contact information
- Asks patient to bring in all of their medications.
- Verify patient's PCP to ensure that patient is scheduled with
the correct provider
- If patient's PCP is not available the day the patient requests
an appointment, schedule the patient with another provider in that
- Needs to be knowledgeable about insurance information in order
to answer patient questions
- Adheres to HIPPA requirements
- Gives patient correct information regarding appointment times
and when to arrive at the health center for their appointments
- Gives patients accurate information regarding fasting
requirements for their tests
- Takes detailed messages, providing accurate information for the
providers and initials the message
- Gives all messages to the Medical Record's Coordinator, so that
the clinic chart can be pulled in a timely manner
- Does reminder calls for next day appointments
- Calls recalls from the monthly recall list
- Calls all patients from PHO, HMO and missed appointments for
routine health maintenance
- Maintain and organized and clean work environment.
- Demonstrate initiative and organize your work.
- Provide at least 2 hours' notice for an absence or tardiness,
by calling the Director of Practice Management or her designee
- No more than 5 days of tardiness or unscheduled absences in one
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Complies with the health center dress code
- Complies with policies and procedures of the health center
regarding cell phone use and internet use.
- Attends all health in services and educational offerings
- Reviews memos and minutes of all staff meetings
- Submits accurate time sheets every Friday before payday.
- Maintains flexible work schedule
- Understands the Health Disparities and how it affects the
provision of care
- Participates in QI activities as directed.
- Enters changes into Medorizon and maintains the on line monthly
physician schedule. Checks e-mail daily for any provider changes in
- Translate for providers when requested to
- Reports complaints and unusual situations to the person in
- Performs other duties as assigned Customer Service:
- All patients are to be treated are to be treated
- Questions are to be answered to the best of your ability, and
if you are unsure, you are to take their name, concern and
telephone number and give it to the Director of Practice Management
or in her absence her designate, to follow up. Never be rude to a
- Answer phone on 3rd ring with the following greeting: "good
morning (or what is appropriate), stating the name of the health
center, your name and how can I help you. When finishing the
call—say " it was my pleasure to help you"
- Always be polite to the caller and if there is a customer that
is upset and you cannot handle the situation, find the appropriate
person to help them.
- If the caller must be put on hold, retrieve the call as soon as
possible and thank them for waiting.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all your dealings with patients,
providers and fellow staff.
- Exemplify service to the community and "quality at all
- Model PrimeCare's mission, values and philosophy with all of
your dealings Physical Demands 1. Must be able to remain in a
stationary position 50% of the time. 2. Must be able to move around
the clinic site 50% of the time. 3. Constantly operates a computer,
computer printer, copy machine, and telephone. 4. Occasionally
positions self to maintain exertion of physical strength to move
objects of 10 pounds from one level to another. 5. Must be able to
transport from one site to another. 6. Must be able to cover other
shifts as necessary. Required Knowledge, Experience, or
- High School Diploma
- Computer knowledge
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Polish preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask Comprehensive health insurance benefits
- Health Insurance (HMO/PPO)
- Dental insurance (HMO/PPO)
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long-Term Disability insurance
- Group Life Insurance Other Benefits include:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with employer match
- Pension Plan
- Voluntary Life/ AD&D
- Flexible Spending/Dependent Care Accounts
- CME $3000 plus 5 days per calendar year (Providers only)
- Paid time off
- 3 Personal days per calendar year
- 7 Holidays per calendar year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Off-the-job Accident Coverage
- Employee Referral Program
- Internal Growth Opportunities PrimeCare Health is firmly
committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide
equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Therefore,
PrimeCare does not discriminate on the basis of creed, color,
national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
religion, marital or parental status, alienage, disability,
political affiliation or belief, military or military discharge
status.In accordance with Illinois Executive order (COVID-19 No.87)
in conjunction with the Federal CDC guidelines, COVID vaccinations
are a requirement for PrimeCare Community Health as well as many
other Healthcare Organizations. Proof of full vaccination and the
booster shot is required prior to the beginning date of employment.
If you have a medical or religious contraindication, please inform
Human Resources when the offer is extended.
Keywords: Primecare Community Health, Chicago , Centralized Scheduler - bilingual English/Polish, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!