Compounder (Level 3)
Company: Blistex Inc
Location: Oak Brook
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThis Compounder level familiarizes an employee
with the actual manufacture of Blistex products and adherence of
proper GMPs in accordance with FDA and OSHA guidelines. A
Compounder (Level 3) must be able to manufacture all of the simple
blends of Blistex products in addition to ointments and creams
before being considered for promotion to the next Compounder level.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set-Up (Preparation)
- Checks items per batch sheet
- Ensures that all chemicals and the proper amounts of chemicals
- Utilizes the FIFO method for issuing chemicals to a batch.
- Uses the proper in-process forms [e.g., product, item,
temperature, mixing speed, change in codes, or new items].
- Uses the proper documentation, double checks, and signs off on
all Quality Assurance paperwork and Line Release papers.
- Uses the assigned lot code sequence for product families and
properly issues product to the Product Order.
- Ensures proper equipment set-ups (e.g., temperature, speed,
mixing speed, and timings for each step per the batch sheet).
- Conducts sanitization of equipment according to the equipment
- Set-Up (Quality Checks)
- Ensures that the chemicals have the proper release sticker and
that the expiration date has not passed or it has been
- Ensures the quality of the physical properties of our products
and finished products (e.g., no foreign matter, color is within
specification, no un-melted wax, aerated product, or in-consistent
- Transfers product to holding tank and maintains the proper
temperature or cooling of product for ambient product.
- Performs scale checks.
- Sets and fills hotboxes and records associated
- Starts-up and shuts-down all air compressors.
- Performs all checklist functions associated with the de-ionized
- Assists Research & Development personnel in the manufacture of
- Uses the computer to evaluate chemical inventory control and
batch sheet issuance, generates various computer reports; and,
enters and retrieves data from the computer system, as
- Disassembles, sanitizes and re-assembles all equipment used for
the manufacture of Blistex products.
- Reads, interprets and follows written product formulas to
consistently create quality product batches.
- Weighs and adds the ingredients for each batch of product
according to the batch sheet.
- Verifies information and ensures the proper initialing of FDA
- Completes and maintains accurate logbooks and any other forms
associated with this position.
- Sets up the correct products with associated equipment for
product feed to the manufacturing lines.
- Identifies and stages raw materials used in the manufacture of
products and proper storage of raw chemicals after usage.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment used in the manufacture of
product, utilizing the CIP (cleaning in place) System.
- Disposes all non-usable chemicals and products according to GMP
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities, as may
be required by the Director, Manufacturing and/or Vice-President,
- Participates in all physical inventory functions.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs all housekeeping
duties, as assigned.
- Supports the Winner's Circle and Blistex Quality System
processes. REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- The knowledge and skills required for this position are
typically acquired in 3 to 4 years of practical work experience
with production filling lines and with a batching process of blends
in a pharmaceutical, cosmetic or food manufacturing
- Familiarity with batching process of blends, creams and lotions
in a CGMP/FDA environment.
- Must be able to convert pounds, ounces, kilos, grams and other
- Ability to occasionally provide leadership skills.
- Must possess good mathematical aptitude (addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division).
- Must be able to operate a calculator.
- Good oral and written communication skills in business
- Considerable interpersonal skills are required to interact with
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to learn and apply accrued knowledge of GMP, OSHA, FDA,
SOPs, CFRs, CGMP, Hazmat and any other related guidelines or
training associated with the job.
- Computer literate in basic computer functions (e.g., data
entry, inquiry, print, e-mail [Outlook], etc.).
- Must be able to work with hazardous materials and comply with
- Must be flexible to work 1st, 2nd, 3rd or a modified work
shift, as departmental needs demand.
- Must have prior experience operating a forklift.
- Must be able to operate all equipment in the process of
manufacturing and transferring all chemicals and Blistex
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines on a multitude
of concurrent tasks, adhering to prescribed routines and
- Willingness to accept other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess the ability to develop and maintain an effective
working relationship with internal and external customers, function
as a team player, accept constructive criticism from management and
comply with Company policies. SAFETY
- Complies with all safety regulations.
- Must wear protective ANSI-approved, chemical and slip
resistant, safety shoes.
- After receiving proper training in the care and usage of a
respirator, a Compounder (Level 3) must wear a respirator in
designated areas.Sunday through Thursday - 10:30 PM until 6:30
Keywords: Blistex Inc, Chicago , Compounder (Level 3), Other , Oak Brook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!