Teller II [Part-Time]
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPart-time associates receive paid time off, paid
holidays, are eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance,
and can participate in our 401(k) plan.Summary: Serves Customers by
completing various banking transactions efficiently and accurately
while adhering to check cashing and withdrawal authority limits.
Accurately balances cash drawer daily. Identifies referral
opportunities and actively promotes BankFinancial. Responds to
requests for assistance from less experienced tellers. Handles
special or unusual transactions and more difficult customer
questions and situations. Opens and/or closes the branch. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides exceptional customer service. Meets and strives to
exceed the standards established and outlined by management.
- Maintains working knowledge of Bank, Wealth Management, and
Financial Assurance products and services in order to answer
routine customer inquiries and explain basic Bank regulatory
policies and procedures.
- Answers customer inquiries related to account balances, Bank
services and general information efficiently and
- Promotes the Bank's products and services through identifying
referral opportunities and directing Customers to the appropriate
- Meets or exceeds all established sales goals assigned by
identifying the needs of potential and existing Customers, offering
appropriate products and services, and referring qualified
- Processes deposits and withdrawals and cashes checks. Verifies
cash and endorsements, receives proper identification, and verifies
authenticity of transaction.
- Issues negotiable instruments, accepts loan payments, and
processes cash advances.
- Accurately enters Customers' transactions into computer to
record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Orders daily supply of currency/coin and verifies incoming and
outgoing currency/coin. Counts and packages currency, sells excess
currency and mutilated currency, and maintains proper levels of
currency/coin according to Bank policy and procedures.
- Balances currency/coin, checks and other transactions to
figures displayed in teller platform system.
- Adheres to the Cash Difference/Occurrence Policy and all
reporting requirements. This includes timely resolution of
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by
participating in all dual control functions, and auditing
- Complies with the Privacy and Customer Data Protection Policy
by maintaining customer confidence. Protects Bank operations by
keeping information confidential and secure at all times.
- Performs branch opening and/or closing procedures while
adhering to all security policies. This includes possession of keys
as well as combinations to various vaults.
- Approves transactions within assigned authority level while
ensuring that Bank's policies/procedures and security procedures
are being followed.
- Balances branch daily and reports out of balance conditions
according to policy. Resolves out-of-balance conditions accurately
- Maintains cash reserve drawer.
- Monitors, balances and audits automated cash equipment.
- Accepts cash shipments, prepares cash shipments and processes
- Balances ATM and maintains a thorough understanding of terminal
- Assists with monthly audits when necessary.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
BankFinancial is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least one year of previous cash handling experience
- Must have excellent communication skills.
Keywords: BankFinancial, Chicago , Teller II [Part-Time], Other , Lincolnwood, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!