Sr. Administrator, IT Infrustructure
Company: footprint Solutions
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Title: Sr. Administrator, IT InfrastructureSalary Range:
$83,000 - $90,000, Full TimeAbout Us
We want to welcome you onboard to a world of fast-paced technology
administration. When you join us at Footprint Solutions -, you
become part of our nationwide family. Within the IT Department, we
offer a welcoming culture of learning, honesty, dedication, and a
passion for providing support and technical advancement.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine,
recognizing the individual contributions you make, and supporting
your ambition to learn and create your career and/or learning path.
We view every day as an opportunity to learn, research, or
implement technological advancements for our users and clients.Our
business and employees run on a hybrid model that requires 2 days
in the office and 3 days remote.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the
installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems
hardware, software, and other related IT infrastructure. You will
also participate in technical enhancements which will help to
enable continuing innovation within the core infrastructure.
Ideally, you will also ensure that system hardware, operating
systems, software systems, and their related procedures adhere to
organizational values, which enables our corporate staff,
contractors, field employees, and other end-users to successfully
perform job-related tasks.What a day, week, and month will look
like: You oversee managing the backup environment along with server
and systems monitoring. Also providing tier-II user support, and
verifying the integrity and availability of infrastructure
hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes. You will
also be Installing and maintaining server hardware; assisting in
repairs and recovery from hardware and/or software failures and
communicating with impacted constituencies, while serving as a
liaison between hardware & software vendors.Essential Duties and
- Maintain infrastructure devices including performing
OS/Hardware/Virtual Machine upgrades, physical replacement,
standards compliance, and vulnerability research/mitigation.
- Proactively monitor infrastructure resource utilization and
maintain capacity management planning.
- Develop, update, and maintain operational procedure
documentation as well as infrastructure layouts and diagrams.
- Work directly with infrastructure and application development
teams for advanced troubleshooting/research on incident resolution
and project implementations.
- Serves as an escalation point for tier 2 support for complex
solution resolution and is responsible for root cause
- Utilize the service desk system to document, track, and manage
issues and resolutions.
- Contact vendors and other 3rd party businesses for
- Coordinate with infrastructure resources (network, systems,
development) to implement conformation changes and updates or
- Participates in 24-hour on-call support for emergency
A Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field of work is
preferred or an equivalent combination of education and
work-related experience. Industry-standard vendor certifications
are also preferred including CompTIA, Microsoft, ISC2, AWS, VMWare,
A minimum of 5+ years of progressive work-related technical
experience with Windows and other Microsoft-related server,
desktop, and/or cloud applications demonstrated proficiency in
multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the
Technical Knowledge and Skillset:
- Experience in managing servers, routers, switches, firewalls,
network services, system utilities, and hardware installation.
- Knowledge and experience maintaining, upgrading, and
configuring Windows Server OS including Windows 2012 R2 thru
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft core applications such
as Active Directory, DNS, Certificate Services, AD replication,
DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Experience and knowledge with third-party applications that run
in Microsoft environments such as VMWare, Hyper-V, RDS, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of data backup processes and
procedures for best practices.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the
ability to correlate cross-platform technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, speak clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets
clarification; and responds well to questions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Command-line experience including (not limited to) PowerShell
commands and/or PowerShell scripting is a plus.
- Experience in cloud computing technologies such as Office 365
and Azure Services is preferred.What We Can Offer:
We will reward your hard work with a great salary and benefits
package, on-the-job training, a hybrid work week (2 In/3 Out), a
comfortable technology team environment, and technical
training/course reimbursement. Accommodations can be made to aid
those with disabilities to perform job duties.
Keywords: footprint Solutions, Chicago , Sr. Administrator, IT Infrustructure, Other , Lisle, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!