Sr. Administrator, IT Infrustructure
Company: Footprint Solutions
Posted on: May 16, 2022
footprint Solutions Job Title: Sr. Administrator, IT
Infrastructure Salary Range: $83,000 $90,000, Full Time About Us We
want to welcome you onboard to a world of fast-paced technology
administration. When you join us at Footprint Solutions, you become
part of our nationwide family. Within the IT Department, we offer a
welcoming culture of learning, honesty, dedication, and a passion
for providing support and technical advancement. We pride ourselves
on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the
individual contributions you make, and supporting your ambition to
learn and create your career and/or learning path. We view every
day as an opportunity to learn, research, or implement
technological advancements for our users and clients. Our business
and employees run on a hybrid model that requires 2 days in the
office and 3 days remote. Key Responsibilities Job Summary: The
ideal candidate will be responsible for the
installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems
hardware, software, and other related IT infrastructure. You will
also participate in technical enhancements which will help to
enable continuing innovation within the core infrastructure.
Ideally, you will also ensure that system hardware, operating
systems, software systems, and their related procedures adhere to
organizational values, which enables our corporate staff,
contractors, field employees, and other end-users to successfully
perform job-related tasks. What a day, week, and month will look
like: You oversee managing the backup environment along with server
and systems monitoring. Also providing tier-II user support, and
verifying the integrity and availability of infrastructure
hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes. You will
also be Installing and maintaining server hardware; assisting in
repairs and recovery from hardware and/or software failures and
communicating with impacted constituencies, while serving as a
liaison between hardware & software vendors. Essential Duties and
- Maintain infrastructure devices including performing
OS/Hardware/Virtual Machine upgrades, physical replacement,
standards compliance, and vulnerability research/mitigation.
- Proactively monitor infrastructure resource utilization and
maintain capacity management planning.
- Develop, update, and maintain operational procedure
documentation as well as infrastructure layouts and diagrams.
- Work directly with infrastructure and application development
teams for advanced troubleshooting/research on incident resolution
and project implementations.
- Serves as an escalation point for tier 2 support for complex
solution resolution and is responsible for root cause
- Utilize the service desk system to document, track, and manage
issues and resolutions.
- Contact vendors and other 3rd party businesses for
- Coordinate with infrastructure resources (network, systems,
development) to implement conformation changes and updates or
- Participates in 24-hour on-call support for emergency issues.
Education: A Bachelors degree in a relevant technical field of work
is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and
work-related experience. Industry-standard vendor certifications
are also preferred including CompTIA, Microsoft, ISC2, AWS, VMWare,
Ciscoetc. Experience: A minimum of 5+ years of progressive
work-related technical experience with Windows and other
Microsoft-related server, desktop, and/or cloud applications
demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or
processes related to the position. Technical Knowledge and
- Experience in managing servers, routers, switches, firewalls,
network services, system utilities, and hardware installation.
- Knowledge and experience maintaining, upgrading, and
configuring Windows Server OS including Windows 2012 R2 thru
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft core applications such
as Active Directory, DNS, Certificate Services, AD replication,
DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Experience and knowledge with third-party applications that run
in Microsoft environments such as VMWare, Hyper-V, RDS, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of data backup processes and
procedures for best practices.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the
ability to correlate cross-platform technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, speak clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets
clarification; and responds well to questions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Command-line experience including (not limited to) PowerShell
commands and/or PowerShell scripting is a plus.
- Experience in cloud computing technologies such as Office 365
and Azure Services is preferred. What We Can Offer: We will reward
your hard work with a great salary and benefits package, on-the-job
training, a hybrid work week (2 In/3 Out), a comfortable technology
team environment, and technical training/course reimbursement.
Accommodations can be made to aid those with disabilities to
perform job duties. PM21
Keywords: Footprint Solutions, Chicago , Sr. Administrator, IT Infrustructure, Other , Lisle, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!