Company: The General
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Ultimately provide top rate service to all customers. Accurately
and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank
customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and
withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Promote
bank's products and services. Responsible for professionally
interviewing and engaging prospective customers inquiring about
opening new accounts, such as savings or checking accounts. Gather
all appropriate information to open account and educate account
holders on company or bank policies. Complete and keep accurate
documentation and records on all accounts. Accurately and
efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet and assist customers to ascertain their needs.
- Interview customers who would like to start checking or savings
- Explain and advise customers on and promote bank products and
services to customers.
- Print and distribute applications forms, ensuring applicants fill
out all fields properly.
- Proofread forms and go over with applicant.
- Enter data into computer systems.
- Hand out literature regarding company policies on all
- Ensure customers walk away educated about account benefits.
- Prepare forms for signature cards, cashier checks, drafts and
- Answer telephone and address inquiries.
- Close accounts as needed.
- Discuss how to apply for ATM/Debit cards, direct deposit of
checks and certificates of deposit.
- Order checks for customers.
- Record customer deposits and fees.
- Professionally handle any questions or disputes on account
- Receive and count working cash
- Identify customers, validate and cash checks
- Accept cash and checks for deposit and check accuracy of deposit
- Process cash withdrawals
- Perform specialized tasks such as preparing cashier's checks and
personal money orders
- Perform services for customers such as ordering bank cards and
- Receive and verify loan payments and mortgage payments
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance
with bank procedures
- Balance currency, cash and checks in cash drawer at end of each
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and
other bank related products
- Make sure customer is directed to proper person to resolve issues
and problems with customer's accounts
- Promote bank products and services to customers
Personnel Management: This position has no supervisory
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing,
reaching, standing, lifting, talking, hearing and performing
- Medium exertion; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an
activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing
a computer terminal.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employees, who work 7 - continuous hours or more, must take a 30
minute uninterrupted lunch break no later than 5 hours after
beginning their work day
Education and Qualifications
- High school education and diploma
- Attending all required MOM meetings
- BSA and other Bank related training through BAI is required
- Some clerical, administrative, cash handling, sales or customer
service experience preferred
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Relevant computer skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: The General, Chicago , Deposit Services, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!