Company: Addison Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Buyer Salary: $60,000 - $85,000 Location:
Chicago near Midway/Archer Heights JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for
purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from
vendors and evaluating vendor quotes and services to determine most
desirable suppliers. JOB DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Collaborate with Brand Managers, Quality & Compliance, Product
Engineering, and Private Brands Sales department in the development
of new or revised products.
- Select vendors, assess vendor capabilities, develop alternate
sources, evaluate vendor performance, and negotiate prices and
- Support Quality & Compliance and Continuous Improvement on
vendor qualifications and audits per ISO process.
- Recommend major purchases of materials based on anticipated
changes in prices or on unusual availability situations.
- Make certain that purchasing documents are properly completed
and the terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Assures that department records are maintained and assists with
follow up or expediting when required. Department records include
price histories to provide information on price variances.
- Collaborate with vendors to identify innovative solutions or
Supply Chain/Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) efficiencies.
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best
source consistent with cost, quality and delivery
- Negotiates and manages long term pricing agreements, vendor
terms, pricing and delivery terms.
- Sourcing of strategies that drive cost reduction and process
improvement with the department, and throughout the company.
- Research industry(s) to identify best practices, process and
- Study and gather market intelligence for fiscal year budget
plan to support commodity pricing.
- Use of computer applications (Word & Excel) to create reports
and graphs. Other related duties and responsibilities as
- B.S. in Business, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as a buyer of chemical or packing
- Must be computer literate with Windows, Word and Excel
- Experience with JDE ERP is a plus.
- CPM and experience with MRP are a plus.
Keywords: Addison Group, Chicago , Buyer, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!