Full Time Security Officer
Company: Saint Xavier University
Posted on: September 25, 2022
SummaryThis position has the responsibility of maintaining a
safe and secure campus environment by providing the highest quality
of protective services in order to maintain and improve our unique
educational environment and quality of life.Essential Duties &
- Conducts preventive vehicular, bicycle, foot patrols or fixed
post, on all properties owned and/or operated by the
- Responsible for physical security, crime prevention, and
providing general and emergency assistance to students, staff,
faculty, and visitors.
- Responsible for enforcing University policies and regulations
and taking appropriate action for violations of State law.
- Attend internal and/or external training courses, classes, and
seminars to further develop public safety dispatching skills and
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of all information or
situations that are gathered or are made aware of during the course
of your duties.
- Maintain regular communication with officers and supervisory
personnel and communicate of situations occurring on campus.
- Responsible for contacting the Public Safety supervisor on
duty, Resident Assistants on duty, and the on-call Resident
Director in case of emergency.
- Have a duty to call local Emergency response services at the
request of an on-duty supervisor and facilitate their assistance on
campus if necessary.
- Become knowledgeable of all Public Safety and University
policies and procedures.
- Maintain a courteous and pleasant environment and a
- Be prepared to function accordingly based upon the needs of the
- Monitor access control system, security camera systems and
emergency phones and advise supervisors when maintenance is
- Perform other related duties as requested. QualificationsTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to
perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED. Associates degree preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Prior law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS),
private security, military, or extensive public contact experience
- Must have the ability to complete a 20-hour Basic Security
Training Program, 4-hour handcuffing certification course, CPR/AED
and Emergency First Aid Certification.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license with a record acceptable
to our insurance carrier
- Must pass a background check that includes submitting
fingerprints to the Illinois State Police and FBI.
- Must pass and maintain Illinois LEADS certification.
- Cannot have any felony convictions, or have been convicted of
domestic violence or related crimes.
- Extensive and excellence interpersonal skills, the ability to
effectively communicate, and solve problems.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.Description of
Hours: Various shifts as needed and scheduled Part Time Sunday
through SaturdayAdditional ExpectationsWe inspire success by
working together to provide meaningful, personalized service in a
spirit of excellence. SXU seeks candidates that deliver value-added
services in a responsive, collaborative, effective, and respectful
manner. The University is committed to diversity and encourages
applications from individuals with a wide variety of backgrounds
and experiences. Saint Xavier University affirms its position as a
Catholic institution, inspired by the heritage of the Sisters of
Mercy, and asserts its rights to employ persons who subscribe to
the mission, vision and core values of the University. Saint Xavier
University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes all
decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions and all other
terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the
grounds of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national or ethnic
origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other
factors protected by law. Hiring decisions will be based on the
bona fide occupational qualifications of each applicant.AgencySaint
Xavier UniversityPhone773-298-3451 Websitehttp://www.sxu.edu
Address3700 West 103rd Street Chicago, Illinois, 60655
Keywords: Saint Xavier University, Chicago , Full Time Security Officer, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!