Senior Compliance Officer: International & Digital (Cross-Border) - Insurance tech - Remote
Company: Infinity Consulting Solutions
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Senior Compliance Officer: International & Digital
(Cross-Border) - Insurance tech - Remote
Job Title : Senior Compliance Officer: International & Digital
Reports To : Head of Cross-Border Compliance
Job Summary :
- Provide insurance expertise in cross-border (international)
insurance transactions, focusing primarily on electronic trading
- As the Compliance Officer primarily responsible for the firm's
Digital arm, a business segment which focuses on E- Trading, this
role ensures effective oversight, licensing and advisory services
throughout its international expansion.
- With the assistance of Cross-Border compliance colleagues, this
role is also responsible for providing compliance and regulatory
oversight of the Canada office, assisting in improving its
compliance and risk framework.
- As a Senior Compliance Officer this role will also provide
general support to the overall structure that supports regulatory
compliance across the firm.
Key Responsibilities: Individual
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: Regulatory
- Collect and maintain applicable legal and regulatory
requirements globally, enabling the company to write business on a
digital platform in a compliant manner.
- Assist in cross-border matters that impact insurance
- To provide effective advice on regulatory concerns that may
impact digital underwriting.
- Oversee horizon scanning in relation to changes in regulation
with emphasis on technology and insurance.
- Keeping abreast of related key regulatory and legislative
changes which may impact on the firm's businesses.
- Provide support on relevant regulatory reviews.
- Act as the key compliance contact and officer to the company
for regulatory matters.
- Assist Senior Compliance Officer on Cross-border
- Responsible for Canadian regulatory returns.
- Provide compliance advice and act as a key contact to
underwriting and claims staff in Canada.
- Act as the North American representative for cross-border
- Embedding compliance culture within Beazley
- Assist in the design of periodic compliance risk assessments
and regulatory status reviews
- Provide training to Canada staff and liaise with the required
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with a
wide range of stakeholders and with the assistance of the Senior
Compliance Officer and Head of Cross-Border, challenge, negotiate
with, influence and persuade stakeholders.
- Good research skills, with a focus on insurance regulatory
research and Insurtech.
- Ability to determine, understand and analyze regulatory
requirements and their impact on insurance.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative with a degree of
- Analytical, with good attention to detail and the ability to
produce high quality advice.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple
- Ability to appreciate the importance of, track, and meet
deadlines, manage stakeholders' expectations.
- Ability to look into efficiencies and seek automation where
- Interest in international regulations and laws.
Knowledge and Experience
- Insurance experience
- A good understanding of regulation and regulatory expectations
- Legal or compliance background necessary.
- Experience of regulatory/ ompliance capacity supporting the
insurance industry across multiple territories.
- A good understanding of complex company structures.
- Experience providing cross-border insurance advice is highly
- An interest in technology and automation is highly
- An understanding of the Canadian insurance market is highly
- Leading a risk assessment and implementing a compliance
Keywords: Infinity Consulting Solutions, Chicago , Senior Compliance Officer: International & Digital (Cross-Border) - Insurance tech - Remote, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!