Remote Senior Network Administrator
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
We have a client with offices in Cleveland and Chicago hiring a
Remote Senior Network Administrator. This person will have shared
responsibility for maintaining the network infrastructure. You will
also assist in setting the strategic direction of the network and
supporting the current infrastructure including, but not limited
network switches, routers, wireless networks, firewalls, SdWan
devices, and voice systems.
Note: This is a full remote opportunity but this person will need
to work during the Eastern or Central Time Zones. Some occasional
travel to their offices in Cleveland or Chicago may be necessary
but no more than a few times per year. Please only apply if you can
work during these hours and are fine with limited travel to their
Essential job functions:
- Identify, plan, and develop network infrastructure to support
for current and future growth.
- Proactively research and deploy new tools and equipment to
reduce downtime, support data consistency and company
- Work to develop roadmaps for the future of the network
- Provide leadership, guidance, and continual cross-training for
- Ensure documentation and network maps are up to date and
- Work with team on vendor relationships by attending roadmap
meetings and participating in vendor selection.
- Setup, configure, administer, and maintain network
- Identify advances in network solutions that will improve
performance and availability of critical systems.
- Review and monitor production environments for performance and
- Troubleshoot test and production systems to maintain
availability and optimization.
- Administer and maintain network infrastructure by performing
upgrades, correcting bottlenecks, and continually reviewing network
performance and availability.
- Identify advancements in network infrastructure that will
improve performance and availability.
- Provide hardware support for network equipment and components,
including software/hardware installation and
- Monitor network operations, identifying, reporting, and
- Escalate problems to the appropriate team/person when
- Assist in testing and implementing network software and
- Coordinate hardware and software changes and upgrades to
- Consult with end users to determine needs, evaluate software
application and hardware products to determined potential
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP,
ISO, etc.) and industry best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology and 5+ years
relevant Networking experience.
- Strong knowledge of IT/Infosec guidelines, VLAN, firewall,
content filtering, and network infrastructure
- Expert level experience with Firewall technology
- Network performance monitoring and operations center
- Experience with network interfaces to O365
- Background in Information Security "Best Practices", around
network and firewall, penetration tests
- Continuity planning/disaster recovery processes as it pertains
to the network design
- Strong documentation skills (SOP's, Work Instructions, Visio
- Project planning and coordination
- Switch technology (Cisco-Meraki Preferred)
- SdWan (Silverpeak Preferred)
- Wireless (Meraki preferred)
- IP Telephone system experience (Avaya or cloud solution
- Experience with the specific technologies/vendor products are
- Palo Alto Firewalls / GlobalProtect VPN / Prisma / Panorama /
- Cisco, PaloAlto, Silverpeak, Meraki,
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Chicago , Remote Senior Network Administrator, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!