Posted on: September 25, 2022
COMPANY SNAPSHOT The American Egg Board (AEB) was created by an
Act of Congress in 1976 at the request of America's egg farmers,
who desired to pool resources for national category-level egg
marketing. Home to The Incredible Egg and Egg Nutrition Center, AEB
is dedicated to increasing demand for all U.S. eggs and egg
products. For more than 40 years, America's egg farmers have
supported this mission by funding the AEB. The AEB is 100 percent
farmer-funded, and those funds directly support the research,
education, and promotion necessary to market eggs. POSITION SUMMARY
The Executive Assistant's primary responsibility is to support the
CEO/COO and support the entire leadership team as directed to
ensure that the Checkoff goals and objectives are accomplished and
operations run efficiently. This position will maintain and refine
internal processes that support coordinating internal and external
resources to expedite workflow, manage communication between the
leadership team and employees, and serve as a liaison on various
projects and tasks. The Executive Assistant will plan and
orchestrate work to ensure the leadership team priorities are met,
organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld.
Given the changing nature of the executive leadership landscape,
the Executive Assistant will need to have flexibility and
foresight, while maintaining confidence related to high-level
systems and operations. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the primary support function for the Leadership Team,
helping with planning and scheduling meetings, shipping and
ordering materials, making travel arrangements, and other duties as
assigned by a Leadership Team member.
- Assist the Leadership Team with special development projects
and events, including communicating goal expectations and metrics,
gathering ideas, and developing those ideas into draft
- Prepare all board reports, strategic documents, public
communications, Powerpoint presentations for Executive Team for
meetings with internal and external constituencies.
- Respond to general email inquiries and phone calls, ensuring
effective communications internally and externally to maintain the
professional image of the American Egg Board.
- Manage select relationships with vendors and service
- Assist with Salesforce database input and maintenance of
- Maintain employee directory, board directory, industry calendar
& other shared internal files.
- Assist with managing board meeting preparation and other event
support as needed, including the White House Easter Egg Roll, AEB
spring board meeting, and AEB annual joint meeting.
- Work independently and within a team on special non-recurring
and ongoing projects.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the CEO/COO via
telephone, e-mail, and in person with key internal and external
- Manage, monitor, and arrange the CEO/COO calendar,
participation in meetings/conference calls, events, and other
- Draft and prepare correspondence for CEO/COO. Coordinate and
prepare materials/presentations for CEO/COO for meetings and
events. Draft and prepare meeting summaries/minutes. Attend
meetings as needed to facilitate next steps to organize the
- Prepare travel arrangements for CEO/COO and leadership team,
and process invoices, check requests, and expense reports.
- Assist the VP, Outreach, Experience & Admin with building
- Assist Leadership Team members with special projects.
- Organize for a weekly meeting with the CEO to debrief on staff
project requests/needs, upcoming travel, and overall preparation
for weekly deliverables.
- Assist COO in organization and preparation for annual audits by
organizing contracts and facilitating requests to AEB team members
to prepare needed documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. In addition, the following
qualifications will be needed:
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related
field is preferred.
- Five years of progressive communications, event planning, or
- Five years of previous experience working in an office
environment, performing administrative duties, and providing
support to management.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments.
- Strong desire to learn, collaborate and engage with colleagues
to understand their individual projects and initiatives.
- Willingness to represent the organization and share detailed
knowledge of AEB's current work.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
skills, including comfort with public speaking/presentations.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and
independently; willingness to wear "many hats" and adapt as
organizational priorities change.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated capacity to work
as part of cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills with
meticulous attention to detail.
- Proactive problem solver with exceptional communication
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Ability to be available after hours when needed to accommodate
CEO/COO schedule in different time zones
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Passion to be part of an iconic and energetic
organization!HYBRID OFFICE Employees will be required to spend 45%
of their employment time in the Chicago office. Business travel
will be counted towards this 45%. TRAVEL This position requires
approximately 20% travel, including outside the local area and
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Chicago , Executive Assistant, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!