Company: SCR MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION INC
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Position Summary: Performs custodial maintenance duties,
including dusting, mopping, vacuuming and cleaning and restocking
restrooms. Previous cleaning experience required. -Essential Job
- Keeps building and property in clean and orderly condition
- Performs routine maintenance activities.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, or vacuums floors.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Scrubs, sanitizes, and supplies restroom facilities.
- Dusts furniture, walls, and equipment.
- Cleans windows and mirrors.
- Mixes cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers in
preparation for cleaning, according to instructions.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and use of
- Cleans and polishes fixtures and furniture.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies. Minimum Qualifications
- Previous experience required.
- High school diploma
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English) not mandatoryKnowledge,
Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to operate vacuums and other related equipment.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety
- Ability to understand written and verbal communications.
Distinguishing Characteristics Position requires: a) use of power
equipment to buff and restore floors and shampoo carpets; b)
regular and routine dusting, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash and
cleaning restrooms; and c) routine maintenance to custodial
equipment. Physical Demands: - Walk, stand on concrete floor. -
Bend, stoop, crouch, kneel and crawl to perform repairs and
cleaning. - Reach below, at and above shoulder height to perform
repairs and cleaning. - Hand and power tool use may be required. -
Climb, stand and balance on ladders perform repair & maintenance. -
Work above shoulders in cervical extension from a stand, bend,
stoop, crouch, and kneel. -Considerable physical activity. On
occasion, may require heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing,
or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. - Work Environment:
- - The Janitor/Custodian must be able to work in indoor and
outdoor environments, with exposure to extreme outdoor weather,
confined work spaces, heights, slippery surfaces, electrical
hazards, dust, and possible contact with toxic substances or
chemical irritants. - - - - - This job description is not intended
to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as
appropriate. SCR Medical Transportation, Inc. reserves the right to
change job duties as the need arises. - This job description does
not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. SCR
Medical Transportation is an EOE. - -
Keywords: SCR MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION INC, Chicago , Janitor, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!