Company: Bloom Companies, LLC
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Bloom is currently seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer.
This position requires you to work with a growing civil engineering
group on a diverse variety of projects. Project work currently
includes civil site development for new and redevelopment sites,
grading design, storm water hydraulic and hydrologic design, and
civil utility design.
The Bloom family has developed a mentor-mentee culture that allows
us to share our experiences with one another; and in return we can
all grow personally and professionally. Where you have
shortcomings, others in the company may have strengths. Keep that
in mind as you read through our preferred additional qualifications
below. We see value in anything you can bring to the table; even if
it's something other than what we have listed here.
Assist, under the direction of Bloom leadership, in all civil
design tasks required for each unique project. This is dependent
upon skill level and experience, but may include:
* Conducting site visits and general data collection efforts to
support the design.
* Designing civil utilities: water distribution networks, storm
sewers, and sanitary sewers.
* Designing civil site features: (roads, sidewalks, and other site
features to support the overall site plan).
* Coordinating with mechanical, electrical, and other site utility
* Drafting, reviewing, and/or finalizing stormwater management
plans including water quality and quantity calculations and/or
* Developing grading plans to support the overall site plan
* Drafting, reviewing and/or finalizing various types of design
reports. This may include calculation workbooks, alternative
analysis, and cost estimating.
* Bringing all project deliverables to completion, either
independently or in a team setting. This may include: plans,
specifications, permits, and design reports. Civil plans may
include: existing conditions, traffic control, erosion control,
demolition, site layout, grading, utility plans and profiles, and
* Ensure projects are being completed on time and on budget.
* Interact and communicate effectively with Bloom leadership,
design team members, clients, project owners, and other project
* Attend project meetings and represent the company
* Participate in Bloom's mentor/mentee culture.
*Preferred Additional Experience (Not Required)*
Additional software experience:
* Stormwater modeling
* Survey experience is a plus
* Construction Management/Inspection experience is a plus
* 3+ years of civil design experience
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
* Proficiency with AutoCAD
* Ability to work independently or in team setting to complete all
assigned project design tasks
* Good decision-making skills, flexibility, focus on quality and
attention to detail
* Good communication skills
*Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action*
Bloom is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does
not discriminate against race, color, religion, ethnicity,
veterans, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, or
disability. We offer opportunities to all based on qualifications,
experience, and potential.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Bloom Companies, LLC, Chicago , Civil Engineer, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!