Building Service Worker
Company: Acero Schools
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*WE ARE ACERO*
Consistent with the strategic priorities of Acero Schools and under
the supervision of the Building Manager and Facility Manager, the
Building Service Worker role has the primary responsibility for
cleaning the assigned School or other Facility in such a way to
promote efficiency, health, safety and the well-being of the
students, teachers, other personnel and visitors. The Building
Service Worker will follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning
schedules at the assigned School and/or Facility including, but not
limited to, classrooms, hallways, offices, bathrooms, kitchen,
cafeteria, gymnasium, storage areas, and entrances/exits. The
Building Service Worker shall follow the cleaning schedule in a
manner that does not interfere with students, teachers and other
personnel at the School or Facility. The Building Service Worker
may also be responsible for performing additional duties not stated
*JOIN OUR TEAM*
* A team of driven individuals who contribute to, respect and serve
in our communities.
* A team who embodies the values of achievement, community, equity,
resilience and optimism.
Follows and completes the daily, weekly and monthly cleaning
schedule of the assigned School or other Facility, including:
* Collects and bags all garbage from the School or Facility,
placing tied bags in a closed dumpster.
* Mixes cleaning solutions according to manufacturer specifications
and/or as instructed by Facilities Manager. Follows necessary
procedures to avoid damage to floors and fixtures.
* Empties, cleans and disinfects trash and garbage cans, and
changes bags daily.
* Cleans and sanitizes bathroom fixtures daily with designated
* Using germicidal solution, wet mops washable floors daily in
classrooms, hallways, bathrooms, kitchen/cafeteria areas and
* Using germicidal solution, washes walls, windows and any mirrors
in classrooms, hallways, bathrooms, kitchen/cafeteria, offices and
other assigned areas as scheduled and as necessary.
* Vacuums all carpeting daily.
* Steam cleans or shampoos carpets as scheduled and as
* Strips, seals, finishes and polishes floors as scheduled and as
* Sweeps and clears entrance/exit areas daily.
* Dusts, washes and sanitizes other surfaces as scheduled and as
* Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper and hand soap in all
* Changes light bulbs as needed.
* Removes snow from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas.
* Spreads snow and ice melting chemicals on walkways, steps and at
all entrances as needed.
* Moves heavy furniture, equipment and supplies.
* Sprays insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent
* Sets up, arranges and removes decorations, tables, desks, chairs,
and other furniture as needed.
* Adjusts and performs minor repairs to heating, cooling,
ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems.
* Reports to Supervisor, or designated staff person as soon as
possible any animals, vermin or insects in or outside the School or
Facility; need for cleaning supplies and/or equipment repair; water
leaks and other maintenance needs; and any other health and/or
safety hazards as soon as noticed.
* Participates in emergency drills and environmental safety
activities, as requested.
* Attends and participates in Acero Schools pre-service and
in-service training sessions held at School/Facility or elsewhere
by Acero Schools.
* Believes in our ability to create the future we envision.
* Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as
* Education: High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
* Some training and experience in cleaning services field is
* Possess knowledge of proper cleaning methods
* Effectively communicate verbally and in writing commensurate with
the responsibilities of the position
* Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not
limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted),
bending, standing, climbing or walking
* Must be able to safely work in an environment containing caustic
chemicals, cleaning materials, dust and noise
* Routinely required to work under inclement weather conditions
* Must be authorized to work in the United States (required)
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS*
The nature of the work requires an ability to operate standard
business office equipment, collect, compile and prepare work
documents, set-up and maintain work files, and an ability to
communicate and exchange information. Physical demands include the
ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, and walk around
the classroom 60% of the day. In addition, candidates must be able
to lift and/or push and pull 15 to 20 lbs. for short periods of
time, and walk up and down stairs several times a day.
Majority of work is performed in a general school environment.
Position requires availability for extended hours plus
non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires
participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and
NOTE: The foregoing list of essential duties and responsibilities
is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this
classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one
position in the class. The omission of an essential function does
not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if
such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Acero Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all
individuals. Acero Schools does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation,
or national or ethnic origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Chicago, IL 60632: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Acero Schools, Chicago , Building Service Worker, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!