Senior Underwriter, Primary Casualty
Company: American International Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About the roleThis level position underwrites assigned risks
under general direction. - Has a greater underwriting authority and
handles large accounts and/or more complex risks
- The role will be responsible for underwriting Primary Casualty
- Communicate risk appetite and Retail Casualty Value Proposition
- Collaborate with Distribution, Territory Managers, and other
line(s) of business underwriters to target desirable accounts and
cross selling opportunities from brokers.
- Rapidly evaluate, prioritize and select submissions to be
- Recognize and create cross selling opportunities for other AIG
General Insurance products.
- Work with brokers to understand deal structures, terms, and AIG
Services that best meets clients' needs.
- Negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, and deal structure with
brokers and clients.
- Participate in special underwriting projects as needed.
- Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and
clients to profitably grow a book of business.
- Working with their manager, develop an individual business plan
that is in line with product strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining risk selection in adherence with
product guidelines and for achieving rate, renewal retention and
new business goals.
- Provide mentoring and training to less experience
- Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients.
- Build and maintain strong brokerage relationship in the NYC
Tri-state area.TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Strong knowledge of loss sensitive and guaranteed cost business
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of middle and upper market
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional
- Advanced working knowledge of lines of business in a specific
Retail Casualty line of business including product features, forms,
regulatory environments and risks etc. (i.e. Environmental, Excess
or Primary Casualty, NA Auto, WC, AL, GL, DBA, Foreign
- Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment,
adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide
range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a
- Comfort with analytical tools and technology.Compensation:For
positions based in New York City, the base salary range is $82,000
- $110,000 and the position is eligible for a bonus in accordance
with the terms of the applicable incentive plan. In addition, we're
proud to offer a range of competitive benefits, a summary of which
can be viewed here: AIG Benefits Overview.A look at our
BenefitsWe're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and
resources that help you protect what matters most - your health
care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a
variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs.
For example, our "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 24
hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental
health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day
off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.We also believe
in fostering our colleagues' development and offer a range of
learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional
skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers.
We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to
enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate
to their current position or future positions to which they may
transfer or progress.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer American
International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are
committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and
procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to
all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age,
gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status,
disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual
orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are
critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for
a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and
profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives,
we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are
not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their
unique perspectives.To learn more please visit: AIG is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job
applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. - If
you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search
for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or
hiring process, please send an email to . - - Reasonable
accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case
basis.Functional Area:UW - UnderwritingEstimated Travel Percentage
(%): No TravelRelocation Provided: NoNational Union Fire Insurance
Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Keywords: American International Group, Chicago , Senior Underwriter, Primary Casualty, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!