Posted on: November 26, 2022
Katten is a firm of first choice for clients seeking sophisticated,
high-value legal services in the United States and abroad. Our
nationally recognized practices include corporate, financial
services, litigation, real estate, environmental, commercial
finance, insolvency and restructuring, intellectual property, and
trusts and estates. Our more than 700 attorneys serve public and
private companies, including a third of the Fortune 100, as well as
a number of government and nonprofit organizations and individuals.
We provide full-service legal advice from locations across the
United States and in London and Shanghai.
*Summary for Recruiting Specialist*
The Non-Legal Staff Recruiting Specialist is responsible for the
recruiting and staffing functions for exempt and non-exempt
Business Professional job openings firm wide. This includes
performing administrative tasks relative to the recruiting process
such as creating/updating position descriptions, scheduling
interviews, onboarding, new hire orientation, etc. The Non-Legal
Staff Recruiting Specialist maintains professionalism and strict
confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
*Katten offers the opportunity to work from home with occasional
office presence required (KattenFlex).*
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities* include, but may not be
limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or
assigned. Essential functions are primary job duties that an
individual must be able to perform successfully with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Responsible for the recruitment and selection process for all
full-time/part-time non-legal exempt/non-exempt and temporary
Business Professional positions. Ensure recruiting and hiring
practices are in compliance with government regulations and Firm
policies and procedures in the pre-screening and post-employment
* Partner with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job
requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates
are assessed against the establishment of job specifications and
* Recruit qualified candidates for positions through personal
sourcing, employee referral, internal job posting, approved
recruiters, social media internet sites and other recruiting
resources. Utilize outside recruiting resources in most
efficient/cost effective manner, when necessary. Oversee and
maintain all aspects of web-based sites related to staffing and
* Utilizes applicant tracking system (Taleo Business Edition) to
manage recruitment and selection processes. Ensures that applicant
flow information is tracked and generates reports as needed.
* Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with staffing
agencies. Negotiates any placement fees with recruiters.
* Oversees scheduling and coordination of interviews for
supervisors/managers and coordinates candidate testing, if
* Provide information to candidates during the interview and
selection process including review of Katten benefits, job duties,
responsibilities, pay, hours, work conditions, Firm policies, and
other related information.
* Reviews the qualifications and background of candidates; submit
background screenings and education verifications via third party
* Approves selection of final candidate and makes employment offer,
including salary, benefits, and other working conditions.
* Negotiate job offers or communicate denial of employment by
preparing offer, confirmation or rejection letters.
* Manage the Internal Posting and Employee Referral Program for all
offices assuring program integrity is maintained.
* Conduct new-hire orientation ensuring that all new-hire employees
understand the Firm's Employee Handbook and policies contained
within. Compile and distribute all new-hire paperwork. Coordinate
new-hire photographs for staff and attorneys.
* Prepare, analyze, and distribute internal recruitment reports of
hires, separations, promotions, transfers, and other data as
requested. Create, update, and distribute monthly recruiting report
for Firm Management.
* Coordinate with Human Resources Manager when notified of employee
* Prepare expense reports, as needed, for recruiting resources.
Submit to accounting for processing.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or
equivalent and three or more years progressive staff
recruitment/employment experience; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Must have excellent interviewing skills.
Prior experience preferably in a large legal or professional
* Working knowledge of the principles and practices of
recruitment/employment administration and regulations is required,
as well as, familiarity with applicable state/federal employment
and labor laws, and governmental compliance requirements.
* Experience utilizing LinkedIn Recruiter, CareerBuilder, Indeed,
ZipRecruiter and other recruiting resources/job boards is highly
preferred. Experience integrating social media recruiting into
searches is desired, but not required.
* Computer proficient with experience and working knowledge of
Taleo (or other similar ATS systems), MS Office and Adobe software
for formatting graphs, charts and other visual methods of
* Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy,
efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide
information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse
group of attorneys, clients, staff, candidates, interns, and
* Knowledge of EEO and Affirmative Action requirements.
* Excellent analytical and critical-thinking skills requiring an
aptitude for detail, precision, and logic with comprehensive
knowledge of recruitment/employment principles and practices in
order to analyze and administer the non-legal recruitment
* Ability to evaluate skill levels of personnel to determine proper
assignment placements. Ability to work discreetly with confidential
information and situations and respond to the most sensitive
inquiries or complaints.
* Exhibit high degree of initiative in exercising independent
judgment and making decisions in managing multiple priorities in a
fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment.
Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and
* Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data
collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze
data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format,
written correspondence, e mail, or verbally.
* Ability to plan, coordinate, and direct the work of subordinate
staff engaged in various professional, technical, and clerical
* Ability to perform detailed mathematical calculations and apply
complex mathematical concepts when computing, reconciling balances,
verifying calculations on forms and documents, and preparing and
compiling statistical data on various human resources, recruiting,
and budget reports.
* Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written
documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
* Work occasionally requires more than 37.5 hours per week to
perform the essential duties of the position.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes:
medical/dental/vision, 401k with employer contribution;
transportation fringe benefit program; back-up care option;
generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is an Equal Opportunity
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 2 years
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Chicago, IL 60661%58047475%
Keywords: Katten, Chicago , Recruiting Specialist, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!