Advisor, Student Success
Company: Adtalem Global Education Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Opportunity at a GlanceAdvisor, Student Success facilitate
student success by defining and implementing proactive strategies
that help students stay on track to fulfill their educational
goals. Advisors build supportive and personalized relationships
with students, manage their day-to-day expectations, and provide
them with opportunities to stay connected to our online community.
They advise students on university policies and procedures, program
and degree requirements, and related academic matters; and work
closely with other university support teams to ensure that student
inquiries are addressed in a timely and effective
- Serve as the primary guide to ensure that students stay on
track to meet their educational goals.
- Connect with new students upon acceptance of admission to
ensure overall readiness and escalate outstanding matters that
would affect their ability to have a smooth and successful
- Assist students in understanding and completing degree
- Assist students with appropriate course registration.
- Advise students on university policies and procedures, program
requirements and related academic matters.
- Provide comprehensive outreach to students who are at risk of
not meeting satisfactory academic progress.
- Closely monitor students to proactively identify at-risk
scenarios and identify opportunities to develop, implement, measure
and improve academic success strategies.
- Work closely with university staff to ensure that student
inquiries are strategically coordinated and addressed in a timely
manner, while supporting academic integrity and University
- Cognitively guide students to develop accountability for their
decisions and an understanding of how those decisions impact their
- Provide students with proactive guidance on acclimating to
their new graduate lifestyle and building supportive personal
environments and best practices to facilitate their student
- Empower students to maintain effective connections to the
University and its online community of learners.Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a service-oriented
environment or university setting.
- Master's degree required.
- Must have a strong commitment to education and have the
counseling or coaching skills required to effectively keep online
students on track.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request
- Effectively work with multiple databases and student
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students from
- Creative, innovative, able to work independently and in a team
- Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Familiarity with online learning and Internet technology a
plus.EEOWe are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we
welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and
inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic
selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we
do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Adtalem Global Education Inc, Chicago , Advisor, Student Success, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!