Annual Giving Officer
Company: Museum of Science and Industry
Posted on: January 27, 2023
About Us : The Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago is the
largest and most interactive science museum in the Western
Hemisphere. Chicagos Museum of Science and Industry (MSI) exposes
guests of all ages to awe-inspiring exhibitions that spark
curiosity and bring science to life. MSIs mission to inspire the
inventive genius in everyone is realized through its world-class
exhibitions and engaging guest experiences. The Museum of Science
and Industry provides programs and experiences that deepen the
engagement of students and teachers in science and science-related
disciplines, with a vision to inspire and motivate our children to
achieve their full potential in the fields of science, technology,
engineering and medicine. We offer a creative, collaborative, and
innovative environment for our employees. Our employees get great
perks such as: benefits starting day one of your employment, a
progressive employee wellness program, hybrid remote work schedule
for eligible positions, free parking in MSIs garage, free admission
to MSI for family and friends, free admission to other museums, and
more! If you are equally passionate about our vision and want to be
surrounded by a team of dynamic, smart and innovative people, the
Museum of Science and Industry is the right place for you! The Job:
The Annual Giving Officer will build meaningful relationships with
individuals to inspire new and increased unrestricted donations.
This role will strategically manage the relationship with mid-level
donors and prospects including individuals on the Presidents
- Solicit monetary donations to meet annual fundraising goals,
focusing on donations in the $1,000 - $10,000 range.
- Partner with senior staff to manage fundraising, stewardship,
and related volunteer staffing for the Museums Presidents
- Manage a prospect portfolio of approximately 125+ prospects and
manage the qualification of a select group of prospective
- Prepare strategies for individual donor engagement,
solicitation, and stewardship.
- Develop relationships with prospects through visits, emails,
calls, mailings, and events.
- Complete 200-250 quality contacts per year with prospects from
portfolio and Presidents Council, with the goal of securing
monetary donations from these contacts.
- Produce personalized proposals and stewardship
- Grow awareness and membership in the Rosenwald Society for
Planned Giving and partner with the Manager, Annual Giving for
strategies to identify, cultivate and upgrade donors to leadership
giving levels and Rosenwald Society.
- Contribute to the planning and staffing of Individual Giving,
Stewardship and Membership events.
- C ollaborate with others on the Development Team, senior
leadership, volunteer leadership and program employees to help
build a culture of philanthropy that believes in the importance of
science in our daily lives and values MSI as a cornerstone in the
- Bachelors degree preferred with a minimum 3-5 years fundraising
experience with track-record of successfully securing gifts.
- Passion for the mission and goals of the Museum.
- Experience working with high-level donors, and colleagues on
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal
- Familiar with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge a plus.
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on quality and
- Able to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Self-directed and proactive. Please note that The Museum of
Science and Industry requires all employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19, following all applicable legal requirements and
considerations. The Museum of Science and Industry is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, which includes providing
equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Powered
Keywords: Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago , Annual Giving Officer, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!