Business Advisor, Illinois SBDC at WBDC (Little Village)
Company: WOMENS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Business Advisor, IL SBDC at WBDC
The WBDC is in search of a Business Advisor for the Illinois Small
Business Development Center (SBDC) at WBDC in Little Village,
Chicago, Illinois. This contract role is for 11 months, subject to
Who We Are:
The Women's Business Development Center (WBDC) is a 501(c)(3)
nationally recognized leader in the field of women's business
development and economic empowerment for over 37 years. Our mission
is to support and accelerate business development and growth by
targeting women and serving all diverse business owners, to
strengthen their participation in, and impact on, the economy. We
value our knowledgeable, prepared, and diverse staff and foster a
culture that is results-oriented, supportive, and progressive.
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
(DCEO), through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small
Business Administration, has awarded funds to the WBDC to establish
a Small Business Development Center (SBDC) in Little Village. The
WBDC will utilize the funding awarded to provide information,
confidential business guidance, training, and other resources for
start-ups and existing small businesses. The WBDC has the
responsibility for operating and managing the SBDC, as outlined
The WBDC shall retain, with the approval of the Director of the
Illinois SBDC Network, a Business Advisor to support day-to-day
functions of the SBDC at the WBDC in Little Village, Chicago,
Illinois. This SBDC serves as a focal point for the coordination of
federal, State, local, university, college, and private resources
to aid small businesses in the Little Village area.
The Role and Responsibilities:
The Business Advisor will provide advising and train small business
owners, managers, and prospective owners in dealing with financial,
marketing, production, organization, engineering, technical, and
other management concerns. Services are to be provided to WBDC
clients both virtually and in-person, primarily in Little
The Business Advisor is to perform, with oversight by the Managing
Director, Entrepreneurial Program and Services, the following:
- Assess small business owners' and entrepreneurs' needs through
one-on-one business consultation and provide guidance.
- Give clients accurate and timely business information on behalf
of the SBA.
- Conduct business training to meet identified client
- Promote program services to relevant service providers, the
local business community, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in professional development programs, as
- Track client activity, successes and results.
- Develop center resources and programs, as needed.
- Adhere to the guidelines, requirements, and overall strategic
goals for the SBDC, as provided by the SBA
- Perform additional duties as assigned for the SBDC.
Terms of Agreement:
The WBDC contract term ends January 1, 2024, unless terminated
sooner or unless renewed by mutual written agreement. The WBDC may
extend this contract subject to approval for funding.
The number of billable hours shall not exceed 35-40 hours per week
in this contractor position. The rate for compensation is
commensurate with experience and skillset.
How to Apply:
To submit a response to this request for a contractor, please
submit the below documents by email to: Eva Pawlik, HR Generalist,
The submission information should include:
- A resume, reflecting relevant work experience
- At least 3 business references
- A preliminary hourly rate for providing the above-mentioned
The submission is open until a contractor has been selected.
- The Women's Business Development Center is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Further information
regarding the WBDC is available at www.WBDC.org.
The Qualification Criteria:The WBDC is seeking a Business Advisor
that has experience in small business management and/or business
consulting to perform the responsibilities above. Qualification
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required
- Passionate about women's issues and economic development
- Experience working with diverse groups
- 4+ years of work experience
- Bachelor's degree (advanced degree is
Keywords: WOMENS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER, Chicago , Business Advisor, Illinois SBDC at WBDC (Little Village), Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!