Executive Coordinator, Oxbridge Academic Programs
Posted on: January 27, 2023
WorldStrides is the global leader in educational travel and
experiential learning. The company was founded over 50 years ago
and has grown to provide a wide range of programs for more than
550,000 students annually from more than 5,000 K12 schools and
universities to over 100 countries around the world. WorldStrides
offers experiential learning programs in educational travel,
performing arts, language immersion, career exploration,
service-learning, study abroad, and sports. Each of these
experiences helps students to see beyond the classroom and to see
the world - and themselves - in new ways.
The Executive Coordinator generally assists the Program Director
with all aspects of the program, from logistics to finances, to
daily and monthly administration. He/she holds daily office hours
to support faculty with course supplies and expenses queries, and
to support the admin team with organization and supplies/expenses.
He/she must always be available in case of emergencies. He/she
assists the Director with running Prep Week which involves planning
for arrival and departure days (collecting students from the
airport, faculty airport assignments, etc), and making sure our
venue facilities are ready to welcome our students.
- Part-time (approximately 48 hours per week) while the program
is in session.
- Must be flexible while the program is operational - to include
weekend or holiday work.
- Take responsibility for implementing student discipline,
upholding program policies and regulations, and attending to the
welfare of the student body - including the students' emotional and
- Live in residence for the duration of "Prep Week" and the
duration of the program.
- Oversee the program set-up ("Prep Week"). During this time, the
Admin team will work from approximately 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each
- Be available ("on-call") to respond to emergency situations, or
to provide additional support to the administration, when
- Assist with the management of the program budget and
expenditures, keeping them within an established budget, and
recording some program expenses.
- Hold daily office hours in order to provide Admin & Faculty
with support for program supplies/purchases, reimbursements, and
also provide budget guidance for staff members.
- Communicate with faculty daily.
- Assist on Arrival and Departure Days (logistics
- Assist with the planning and administration of program field
- Attend once-weekly Administration Meetings and once-weekly
At WorldStrides, the experience is everything. By joining our team
you help provide moments that delight and open up the world of
learning. Our team is truly passionate about making each experience
a once in a lifetime opportunity for each traveler that is easy to
manage from A to Z. Each journey is different, which is why we
offer a broad range of experiential learning programs for groups
and individuals of all ages throughout their lifelong learning
If we've learned anything over this last year, it's that being able
to experience different places and things while interacting with
new people is imperative to not only personal growth but also to
general well-being. So, let's get out there-together. To learn more
about our brand, our mission and our commitment to health and
safety, please visit our website at www.worldstrides.com.
We also take COVID protocols very seriously and are committed to
the health and safety of our team members, participants, vendors
and partners which is why we've put extensive measures in place
around mandatory vaccinations, PPE and other safety guidelines that
follows both the CDC and World Health Organizations guidance.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, WorldStrides` is committed to
building a diverse workforce, supported by an environment that
promotes inclusion and belonging. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local laws.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, with an
ability to stay calm in a crisis.
- Personable and approachable, and able to be a strong
representative of their program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Execs often have already worked on residential summer programs
before in order to be considered for the post.
- 5 total weeks commitment
Keywords: WorldStrides, Chicago , Executive Coordinator, Oxbridge Academic Programs, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!