Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job Title:Instructional DesignerDepartment:EducationFLSA
Status:ExemptReports to:Vice President, Distance Learning and
Continuing Education The following describes the various aspects of
the designated job. Some or all of these aspects may be changed
over time, with or without notice, at the sole discretion of the
ACGME. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States (US) on a full-time basis. The ACGME will not provide
employment sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B Visa or other
US employment authorization). JOB OVERVIEW Under general
supervision, will oversee the design of online
educational/developmental/training programs with measurable
performance outcomes. These programs and learning approaches will
align with identified needs and remain in tune with the learning
requirements of the ACGME. Will acts as a subject matter expert to
internal stakeholders in adult learning theory, instructional
design, and online course development. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND
- Designs both instructor-led and self-paced courses,
presentations, and educational materials using adult learning
principles and interactive e-learning models as appropriate.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and end-users to
identify learning needs, objectives, and appropriate instructional
methodologies to create high-quality, interactive courses,
presentations, and educational materials.
- Partners with departmental leadership to establish
instructional design and development standards for all existing and
future programs and courses coming from the Department of
- Supports and when necessary, facilitates the ongoing evaluation
of instructional effectiveness for all existing and future programs
- Acts as an learning consultant to the internal ACGME community
by identifying gaps and recommending appropriate learning
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other
professionals on course design and development to translate
business content into learner-centered experiences.
- Builds assessments that gauge if critical skills and
competencies are met; creates blended learning solutions, including
e-learnings, microlearning, simulations, gamification, facilitator
and participant guides, process documentation, infographics, and
coaching and job aids.
- Communicates frequently and effectively with various project
collaborators to ensure that goals and objectives are being
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in education, instructional design, or a
- Three years of relevant full-time experience as an
instructional designer working with subject matter experts.
- One year of experience unitizing a learning management
- One year of experience developing virtual training content with
an e-learning authoring tool and/or graphic design software.
- Master's degree in education, instructional design,
instructional technology, or a related field of study.
- Five years of relevant experience. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL
SETS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to independently design and develop new online
- Knowledge of assessment and evaluation strategies.
- Ability to develop learning outcomes and active learning
experiences from static presentations.
- Ability to work with minimal instruction or input from subject
- Knowledge in needs analysis, project management, course
development, and evaluation skills. WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS
- This position is based in a typical office environment with no
specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
- Most of the work performed is normally done in the ACGME office
and/or a home office with the typical physical demands of an office
environment. The ACGME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer. The ACGME welcomes
differences in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability,
geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion,
philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression
status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: ACGME, Chicago , Instructional Designer, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!