Sr Modeler, Data Science
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Sr Modeler, Data Science-FIN001387As part of the Finance
department, the U.S. Cellular Shared Analytical and Data Services
team (SANDS) is comprised of highly technical resources with
diverse backgrounds in data warehousing, business intelligence,
reporting, data science, forecasting, and CRM. The SANDS team is
responsible for delivering data solutions, analytical tools,
campaign. execution, and business insights to our stakeholders in
Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, and Sales Operations. The Sr.
Modeler, Data Science is responsible for developing, validating,
and implement programs, statistical models, forecasting tools,
machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analyses across
Finance, Marketing and Operations. This role is also responsible
for measuring and reporting on Marketing and/or Credit
- Develop programs to help extract, sample, and validate data for
modeling and analysis purposes using a variety of analytical
programing tools such as SQL, SAS, Python, etc..
- Develop data science tools including predictive, optimization,
AI, and machine learning models to accurately predict
scenario-based outcomes i.e., device price elasticity, predicted
impact of a credit deposit change, predicted impact of device price
- Develop programs to extract, transform, and manage data in US
Cellular's Big Data platforms; accordingly, experience in Big Data
infrastructures, as well as commercial and open source analytical
and data platforms are desired.
- Develop processes and programs to evaluate and enhance existing
campaign processes including reporting, and deep-dive analyses to
develop operational and execution efficiencies.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly business review processes
to report business performance to key stakeholders
- Code and test real-time decision engine/flows with respect to
credit risk, fraud, and marketing personalization.
- Present results as well as data-driven insights to internal
stakeholders in Marketing, NFS, and Finance.
- Manage projects and communicate status updates to managers and
- Bachelor's degree + 4 years of relevant experience in
Statistics, Math, Finance or other quantitative field required;
Master's degree + 2 years of relevant experience in Statistics,
Math, Finance or other quantitative field (preferred).
- 3+ years experience in developing predictive models, forecasts,
and segmentation tools in Marketing, Finance, Credit Risk, Fraud or
Receivables with good knowledge of the entire modeling process
(design, develop, test, implement, measure).
- 3+ years SQL, SAS, Python, R, or other data / analytic
programing tools required.
- Proficient in leveraging financial techniques i.e. ROI, NPV and
Cash flow to measure the effectiveness of the team's output.
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable
customer strategies which will have a measured impact on the
- Good organization and project management skills with a proven
ability to lead small analytical projects.
- Able to develop non-complex solutions independently, but may
require guidance with complex ones.
- Medium level of engagement from manager.
Salary Range $74,800 - $122,467 / yearly
Location(s):Illinois-CHICAGO_ILU.S. Cellular is an EEO employer and
gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
genetic information. Associated topics: business, consultant,
economics, economy asset, estate, financial, financial analyst,
pricing, real estate, valuation
Keywords: USCellular, Chicago , Sr Modeler, Data Science, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!