Assembler- 1st shift
Company: S&C Electric Company
Posted on: January 27, 2023
In this job you will assemble medium-voltage switchgear units.
You will work in a production environment, engage in continuous
productive activity, and must meet requirements within time
constraints. This is an assembly line operation involving as many
as ten stations. Initially you will be assigned to one station, but
you will need to be flexible and open to working additional
stations as business needs require. Tasks require a mechanical
assembly aptitude, a high degree of eye-hand coordination, manual
dexterity, and the use of both hands and arms on a repetitive basis
for a full range of motion. You will frequently use hand and power
tools; occasionally work while standing on ladders; and
occasionally work inside tight compartments.
The work associated with this job includes but is not limited to
- Assembling pad-mount gear enclosures ranging in size from 42" x
37" x 70" to 86" x 94" x 76".
- Identifying, transporting, installing, mounting and bolting all
types of components ranging from 5 lbs. to 100 lbs. (with
assistance), These include bus assemblies, high voltage switches,
mounting and support plates, lock assemblies, doors and
- Performing mechanical inspection using torque wrenches,
screwdrivers and tape measures.
- Using of simple material handling equipment, hand tools, power
tools, air-impact tools, gauges and overhead cranes.
- Assembling pad mounted gear requires a fast-paced environment
and the use of standardized work instructions. This assembly
operation does index per a specified Takt Time.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you
must have the following:
- Ability to follow standard work including specific written
instructions and procedures.
- Ability to perform basic subassemblies
- Ability to use air-impact tools and other hand-held
- Ability to use basic math such as adding and
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn mechanical
- Assembly experience preferred.
. MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5
lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Walking: Occasional walking moderate distances (less than 1/8
- Carrying: Frequent carrying of items ranging in weight from 5
lbs. to 25 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional use of powered hand truck to move parts a
- Pulling: Occasional use of powered hand truck to move parts a
- Bending: Frequent bending and crouching required to complete
the assembly tasks.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion from above the
shoulders to below the knees.
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts ranging in size from 5
lbs. to 25 lbs.
Keywords: S&C Electric Company, Chicago , Assembler- 1st shift, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!