Seasonal Worker R15 - Store 337
Company: Thorntons Inc
Location: Palos Hills
Posted on: January 28, 2023
The Seasonal Worker is responsible for delighting Thorntons guests
with prompt and courteous service, maintaining merchandise, and
supporting store goals and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions (RESPONSIBLE TO)
* Delivers guest service with a "how may I help you" attitude.
Looks for opportunities to delight guests and follows instructions
from store management.
* Ring all sales as discussed in the operations procedures.
* Assure proper sale and accounting of money orders/lottery during
* Accurately account for price overrides, store use of merchandise,
voids, returns and waste.
* Keep coolers, fast lane merchandise, store shelves, and displays
fully stocked and fronted at all times.
* Clean and maintain equipment and ready high-margin products such
as coffee, fountain drinks, etc.
* Use suggestive selling techniques to suggest items to guests that
complement their purchases, and asks our guests if they are a
refreshing rewards member at the beginning of every
* Ensure that the Store Management is made aware of all sales,
cash, or operating discrepancies.
* Clean windows, floors, shelving, counters, gas pumps regularly,
and restrooms per store operating procedures (daily check
* Clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the store as
* Advise store management of any maintenance or safety
* Practices safe working habits that align with company safety
* Properly uses the Guest Service Department for guest service
* Stay familiar with all Thorntons policies applicable to the SW
position as outlined on Thorntons Intranet.
* Adheres to all city, county, and state alcohol and tobacco and
all other applicable laws and regulations
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Maintain PAR levels as outlined on PAR sheet per store
High School Diploma or GED
All experience will be considered
Ability to speak, read, understand, and write the English
Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations
High energy and strong work ethic.
Excellent interpersonal skill.
Strong guest service skills.
Works well with others in a team environment
Sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process money
Ability to read and understand instructions for operation of
electronic cash registers and other equipment.
Ability to read electronic fuel reports.
* Equipment/Special Expertise
* Other Considerations
Must be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, stock shelves,
make price changes, etc.
Properly records time on the TOTS systems and signs a time report
verifying all hours worked
Understands that company funds are not available for personal
* Thorntons LLC is committed to being an Equal Opportunity
Employer, and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified
candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and
encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age,
religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital
status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require
reasonable accommodation as part of the application process please
contact email@example.com 9 am 5 pm EST
Keywords: Thorntons Inc, Chicago , Seasonal Worker R15 - Store 337, Other , Palos Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!