Service Truck Chauffeur I
Company: Chicago Transit Authority
Posted on: March 19, 2023
$25.513 - $39.2500
Drives a truck with 2 or 3 axles to transport materials, supplies, or parts.
Drives a truck to transport tools and equipment.
Loads and unloads trucks.
Transports, sets up, and operates emergency equipment such as hydraulic jacks used in derailments.
Drives a truck to transport refuse.
Operates snow removal vehicles such as plows, tractors, etc.
Operates construction type vehicles such as, tractor, fork-lifts, etc.
Hooks up and tows welder trailers, concrete mixers, air compressors, etc.
Operates a tow truck to pick up disabled Authority vehicles such as buses, trucks, autos, etc.
Performs shop activities such as changing tires, waxing and vacuuming vehicles.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Reporting to this position are the following jobs:
* Must have a valid State of Illinois class "A, CDL" driver's license.
* Must possess experience as a chauffeur driving trucks with multiple speed manual transmissions.
* Required to submit to and pass drug and alcohol testing as mandated by the Federal Transportation Administration.
* Must pass applicable tests.
* Must be in good physical condition, have good eyesight and hearing.
* Lifts and carries tools and equipment weighing up to 150 lbs.
* Subject to rigorous bodily activity in the process of handling and operating the various tools and equipment.
* Chicago Transit Authority requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated. If you are offered employment, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required as a condition of employment and as part of the hiring process. Visit www.transitchicago.com/careers for full notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Good math skills
* Good attention to detail and alertness to driving conditions.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* General knowledge of truck mechanics and operations
* Inside 50% - in vehicle, driving. Outside 50% - loading vehicle, washing and servicing vehicles.
* Subject to 24 hour emergency call.
* Subject to various weather conditions and may have to work in bad driving conditions during the day or night.
* General automotive car, truck and equipment shop environment.
* Subject to: mechanical/electrical/burn/explosive/chemical/fumes/odors/dust/mists/gas hazards and various noises.
* Must observe all traffic rules and regulations when driving.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND MATERIALS UTILIZED
* Personal protective equipment
* Various equipment used in cleaning and maintaining vehicles
Keywords: Chicago Transit Authority, Chicago , Service Truck Chauffeur I, Other , Chicago, Illinois
here to apply!