Wound Care Coordinator
Company: Alden Village North
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Alden Village North - ***SIGN ON BONUS***
LPN $6,000/RN $7,000
- Responsible to deliver direct and indirect nursing care to
patients with ostomies, draining wounds, various types of fistulae,
stomas, soft tissue injuries and other wound types and to supervise
the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the nurses in
relation to wound care, treatments, prevention, and assessments.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a
RN or LPN in the state of Illinois.
- Must possess a current CPR certificate or become certified
within two weeks of employment.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
- Demonstrates interest and or knowledge in the care of the
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
such circumstances warrant.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers,
family members, personnel, government agencies personnel, and the
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness
to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must have the right attitude of being personable, enthusiastic,
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of the position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with customers,
visitors, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, young,
emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment,
supplies, etc., throughout the day.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc. including
- exposure to the (HIV) Aids and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Must ensure that all nursing procedures and protocols are
followed in accordance with established policies.
- Directly supervise the nurses, CNA's and other members of the
IDT that wound care treatments and protocols are followed
- Directly supervise the wound technicians on wound care
- Responsible/oversees for assessing and documenting wound status
and skin care.
- Administer or assist with wound treatments as ordered by the
- Review treatment orders for completeness of information and
accuracy of transcription of the physician's order.
- Review wound assessments for completeness and
- Complete weekly skin report and send to nurse consultant and
- Educate facility staff on pressure ulcer prevention.
- Assist as necessary with the physician/consultant during wound
- Arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services needed for
wound care as ordered by the physician.
- Obtain /assist in wound specimen collection as ordered by the
- Update the family/responsible party and attending physician for
any changes on wound assessment.
- Assist in developing a written plan of care for each customer
that identifies the problems/needs of the customer and be able to
evaluate the delivery of care.
- Attends and actively participate in customer care plan
- Consult with other nurses, management, and other related health
professionals to assist in assessing, planning, and delivering and
evaluating patient care.
- Plan, conduct and participate in In-service Education Programs,
workshops, seminars, conferences, and courses.
- Make written and oral reports including recommendations
concerning the wound care program.
- Ensure that the wound assessment reflects that the care plan is
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation
of the facility's Quality Assurance program for the Wound Care
- Coordinate facility wound audits with the nursing
- Make daily rounds to assure that nursing personnel are
performing required duties related to the wound care program, and
to assure that wound care protocols and procedures are being
- Communicate with the IDT, wound progress of patients; make
entries on the 24- hour report as necessary.
- Committed to maintaining a clean and safe environment for our
- Complete required forms upon the customer's admission, transfer
and or discharge.
- Attend staff meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Village North, Chicago , Wound Care Coordinator, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...